JU Davis College of Business offers a broad slate of academic programs for every stage from pre-college to experienced executive. We empower leaders with the skills and experience to foster innovation, solve complex business problems, and change the world.
DCOB Majors & Programs
Accounting Major Minor
Provide accounting majors with core accounting knowledge and the necessary problem solving and critical thinking skills to develop successful careers in the field of accounting. Accounting students also become excellent candidates for management positions in such areas a banking, investment houses, and brokerage firms.
Business Analytics Major Minor
Business analytics majors will apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to transform data into actionable information. Majors expect to study advanced statistics, data visualization, time series analysis, forecasting, optimization simulation, decision analysis, database analysis, competitive intelligence and econometrics. These skills are highly sought after in companies across the nation in terms of analyzing "big data."
The Business Information Systems major (BIS) is designed for students who want to be at the intersection between business and technology. BIS majors develop the technical knowledge necessary to supply organizations with the information needed to make crucial strategic decisions. The BIS curriculum teaches students effective strategies and techniques to analyze, design, and implement information systems to solve organizational problems effectively. This major provides students with the background they need to give informational support for decision-making in organizations and to understand the impact that information systems have on the business enterprise.
- Consumer Goods and Services Minor
Economics Major Minor
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to apply economic concepts and tools to research and analyze real world microeconomic and macroeconomic problems and evaluate alternative economic policy proposals. Students learn how economics affects our whole world – from government and public policy, to banking, private industry, politics and labor relations.
Finance Major Minor
Students will gain an awareness and understanding of financial theories, responsibilities and practices as applied to decision-making to acquire and manage real and financial assets for the purpose of creating and maintaining economic (market) value. The finance major includes a broad introduction to business fundamentals, including courses in ethics, communication and leadership.
Business Administration/General Business Major Minor
The mission of the business administration major is to provide students with a broad overview and cross-section of functional business knowledge and skills. No matter what industry a student desires to pursue, students shall be prepared with skills which will be beneficial to their advancement in their career.
International Business Major
Our goal is to develop a global awareness of business issues and dynamics, and the competencies essential to successful functioning within the global environment. Students to expand their education and skills, receive exposure to real-life experiences, and experience how business works globally.
Management Major Minor
The mission of the Davis College of Business management major is to develop skilled and competent managers who are able to successfully lead and compete in a global business environment. The courses in this major are designed to provide the student with an understanding of the application of management concepts from the basic principles of starting a business to the development of the broader organizational objectives and the strategies necessary to achieve these objectives.
Marketing Major Minor
The marketing major is designed to provide students with an understanding of professional practices and techniques applied in the major areas of marketing management. Engaging with faculty and businesses, the marketing program is focused on applying marketing theories and building marketing strategies for business.
- Professional Sales Minor
Sport Business Major Minor
Sport Business prepares students for leadership positions in community, school, collegiate and professional environments. The curriculum presents core business and sport management knowledge augmented with interdisciplinary topics., which commences with a real-world sports project.
Master of Business Administration
- Designed for recent graduates, career-changing adults, and working professionals
- Flexible format -- complete courses at your own pace
- Intended for mid-management to senior leaders
- Once per month, weekend cohort format
- Offered in the state-of-the-art downtown location
- Hotel accommodations and airport transportation available
- 19-month program, begins each fall
- 10+ years professional experience preferred
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Intended for working professionals
- Designed for people wishing to enhance their leadership skills
- 2+ years of progressive work experience preferred
- Begins every 8 weeks
Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
- Intended for working professionals
- Designed for people with a strong background in the technical areas of business, such as computer science, information technology, and engineering
- Begins every 8 weeks
- Fully online program
Master of Business Administration Joint Degrees
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Public Policy
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Sport Management
Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics Joint Degrees
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics + Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics + Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Joint Degrees
A 3-year program using analytical tools to solve current work problems and challenges. Ideal for executives, aspiring consultants, policy makers, or “clinical” or applied faculty desiring positions in schools of business nationally and internationally. Classes for this full-time program are held once a month on Fridays and Saturdays.