Bachelor of Business Administration Healthcare Administration
Why Choose Our Program?
The JU Davis College of Business & Technology has partnered with our Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences to offer a Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration. This major is designed for students who are interested in the business side of the healthcare industry.
Affiliate member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA)
Students pursuing this degree will take specific healthcare classes combined with their business classes to prepare them for the essential areas within the industry. University Core and the Davis College of Business & Technology Core Curriculum courses such as accounting, management, marketing, and finance, must be completed. In addition, students must take the following courses:
- HLSC 330: Principles of Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- HLSC 320: Introduction to Health Informatics
- HLSC 202: Medical Terminology and Healthcare Essentials
- HLSC 410: The Healthcare System
- HLSC 211: Introduction to Health Professions and Trends in Healthcare
- HLSC 420: Healthcare Quality and Safety
- Internship, Independent Study, or Special Topic Practicum
The Possibilities are Endless
The rapid growth of the healthcare field has led to a demand for qualified administrators who can apply business principles to healthcare administration and delivery of services. BBAs in Healthcare Administration have grown to meet this need, and students who pursue this major can expect strong job prospects upon graduation. Graduates can become:
- Healthcare Executives
- Healthcare Administrators
- Healthcare Managers
- Office Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Insurance Compliance Managers
ADMISSIONSStart Your Application
- We are test-optional and do not require an essay if you have above a 3.0 GPA.
- Entering students may declare business or healthcare administration as a major. Many entering freshmen will declare a major of pre-business until they reach sophomore status.
Request for Information
Contact Information Davis College of Business & Technology
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211