Master of ScienceApplied Business Analytics
Why Choose Our Program?
The Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) degree is designed to prepare tomorrow’s leaders with the strategic business skills, technical competencies and analytical assessment tools needed to succeed in any field. Students will acquire diverse technical skills including designing statistical models, developing and implementing predictive and optimization models, and using IT to help make effective strategic decisions.
In this program, students will:
- Stand out as a problem solver, decision-maker, and strategic thinker in the industry
- Understand the best practices for project management and leading analytical teams
- Be prepared for data mining and the interpretation of data
- Learn the fundamental knowledge and skills, like SQL, Tableau, Python and R programing, necessary for applying IT, statistical, and management science models
Earn an MSABA Degree Your Way
In our MSABA program, you can earn a master's degree your way. This program:
- Is a 33-credit hour AACSB accredited business program
- Is offered 100% online or in-person, or in a hybrid format (online and in-person)
- Begins every eight weeks, so you can learn at your own pace and take breaks when you need.
- Already have a Master's in Business or 4 completed business graduate courses from a different university? We will waive your foundation and elective courses, allowing you to earn your second Master's degree in as few as 8 months by focusing only on the business analytics program requirements.
About Our Program
Analytical Software skills acquired in the program:
- R programing language for data science
- Oracle SQL
- Tableau and/or Power BI
- Rapid Miner Intro
- Microsoft Project
- Data Analysis tools in Excel
Demonstration of prerequisite knowledge in accounting, statistics, economics, and finance is required (12 credits unless otherwise demonstrated). The MSABA curriculum requires Foundation Courses (waived for undergraduate equivalent courses) as well as the MSABA Core Courses.
Choose four (4) courses from any of the following areas: Management, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, and Decision Science and Information Management.
To see the full curriculum, please visit the course catalog.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for Degree Most Recently Conferred (Undergraduate-Bachelor’s
- Additional Transcripts may be requested if you have completed less than 60 credits at your degree conferring institution, or if you are wishing to waive the MBA Pre-Requisite requirements (Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics)
- Students with a GPA under 3.0 will be considered based on a holistic individual assessment that may require extra documentation.
"I want to personally thank this program's faculty for helping me during my time in the program. I was able to land a position as a Data Analyst and am excited to see what the future holds."