Online MS in Applied Business Analytics
Also in this site…
- Available Programs
- Graduate Open House
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Apply to a Davis Graduate Program
Davis College of Business
Apply IT, statistical, and management science to strategy-building and decision-making in business. Earn your Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics completely online.
The Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics degree allows students with a strong background in the technical side of business — such as in computer science, information technology and engineering — to build on those skills and supplement them with knowledge of management, marketing, and business strategy. Mastering your business intelligence skills will make you stand out as a problem solver, decision maker, and strategic thinker in the industry.
In Jacksonville University’s online MS Applied Business Analytics program, you will learn and develop:
- Fundamental knowledge and skills for applying IT, statistical and management science models
- Advanced decision making skills
- Data mining and the interpretation of data
- Best practices for project management
- Managing corporate data resources
- Visualization design principles to create productive data
Careers & Outlook
Some of the careers this program will prepare you for include:
- Business systems analyst
- Market research analyst
- Management analyst
- Market research manager
- Computer or information systems analyst
- Operations research analyst
- Business insight manager
- Financial analyst
There is a massive shortfall of people with the right educational training who can work with big data sets and the challenges of analysis for unstructured data sets. If there is one field where students can always find work, it is Business Analytics, irrespective of the industry.
Admission into the MSABA program is conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission;
- Completed MSABA Application
- Baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution with
a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applications not meeting this minimum GPA requirement may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for conditional admission
- Official GRE scores
- Students must submit an official copy of scores reflecting a total score of 1050 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE previous to August 1, 2011 or 290 combined score on the revised GRE exam taken after August 1, 2011.
- *The GRE requirement will be waived if a student has a 3.3 or higher undergraduate GPA.
- Official transcripts from the Baccalaureate degree granting college or university; unofficial transcripts from all other colleges and/or universities attended.
- Professional Resume.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages in length.
- Two letters of recommendation; two of which should be professional references.
- References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student's professional abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination and score either 540 on the paper-based exam, or 76 on internet-based exam
To obtain a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics, each student must complete 35 credit hours of graduate level coursework.
|ACCT 500*||Essentials of Accounting||2|
|DSIM 500*||Essentials of Quantitative Methods||2|
|ECON 500*||Essentials of Economics||2|
|FIN 500*||Essentials of Finance||2|
|MGT 500||Essentials of Leadership & Ethics||3|
|MKG 500||Essentials of Marketing||3|
|DSIM 502||Introduction to Applied Business Analytics||3|
|DSIM 503||Applied Statistical Modeling and Analysis||3|
|DSIM 504||Applied Data Visualization and Analysis||3|
|DSIM 505||Applied Data Management||3|
|DSIM 506||Data Mining and Predictive Analytics||3|
|DSIM 507||Project Management||3|
|DSIM 508||Applied Managerial Analytics (Capstone)||3|
|MGT 587||Special Topics In Management (Optional Course)||1|
* Students may take higher level discipline course as a substitute. Subject to prior approval.
Tuition & Costs
For more information regarding tuition, please visit Student Financial Services. Please note that tuition may increase each academic year.
This program is administered by the Nathan M. Bisk Center for Professional Studies.
To learn more, contact: