Davis College of Business & TechnologyExecutive Master of Business Administration
What is an Executive MBA?Why an Executive MBA?
The Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) is an MBA for experienced professionals preparing to move into executive leadership or to launch their new ventures. Where the standard MBA equips students with the essential knowledge and skills to dive into business successfully, the EMBA develops leaders ready to grapple with nuance, to manage complex operations, and to navigate global business challenges.
At Jacksonville University, the EMBA program:
- Focuses on executive leadership style and communication
- Connects you to a network of successful executives
- Promotes shared cultural and diversity immersions in the classroom and an international experience
- Emphasizes corporate social responsibility through community engagement
Virtual Information Session Recording
You can now request recordings of past virtual information sessions that you can view at any time, no scheduling required. Request a session recording today to learn more about our program, hear from faculty, and better understand the admissions process.
Start Your Application
Is the EMBA for you?Who should apply?
The EMBA program is designed for you if you are:
- Preparing to join an executive leadership team
- Working towards a title like CEO or CFO
- Launching a significant new venture
- Interested in becoming a rising star in an organization
- A veteran — learn more about the Military Advantage
You should have at least six years of work experience with increasing responsibility.
Your EMBA. Your way.
In the classroom or online, this program is built for working professionals to keep working. Classes meet one weekend a month (Friday and Saturday) on the beautiful Jacksonville University campus in Jacksonville, Florida. If you can’t join a class in person, we’ve got you covered. You can stream the class live or watch it as a video later, so you never have to miss a thing.
Beyond the flexibility, you can also customize your studies for your career. Choose from two tracks:
- Executive Accounting/Finance
- Management Development
Tuition includes classes, international trip, and other immersion experiences, books for the 5 specialized leadership classes, supplies, flex bucks towards meals while on campus, customized advising, IT support, and more.
One of the great advantages of the JU MBA program is how much of a vested interest
the business community takes in
its success. The professor's also want to get to know you and are willing to interact with you. Not just in the classroom but they want to know you outside and want to know about your long-term plans and what they can do to help you in your professional career and then on top of that the community at JU itself is very tight-knit. A smaller campus allows you to get to know people outside of the program. Jacksonville is a great community, lots of opportunities to build relationships and get to know Jacksonville through JU.
Real World Business ExperienceImmerse yourself in international waters.
- Immersions allow our EMBA students to immediately apply classroom knowledge in real-world situations (local and international immersion).
- Work with Jacksonville businesses and non-profits for applied projects and action-learning experiences.
- International Immersion trip –- additional travel abroad possibilities for career-shaping experiences in international business operations.
- Pictured here, EMBA C/O 2020 in Budapest. Previous locations for our EMBA students
- 2023 - Barcelona
- 2022 - Portugal
- 2021 - Virtual Immersion Experience
- 2020 - Virtual Immersion Experience
- 2019 - Budapest
- 2018 - Prague
- 2017 - Chile
- 2016 - Portugal
- 2015 – Peru
AdmissionsHow to Apply
We are currently selecting high-performing and seasoned professionals for our fall class. Don’t miss this opportunity for professional growth and career advancement. Apply now!
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for Degree Most Recently Conferred (Undergraduate-Bachelor’s or Graduate)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Military and veteran students: reach out to the Veterans and Military Resource Center for the Military Advantage
- Students with a GPA under 3.0 will be considered based on a holistic individual assessment that may require extra documentation.
"The professors want to get to know you and are willing to interact with you not just in the classroom, but also to know you outside of it. They want to know your long-term plans and know what they can do to help you in your professional career."
Contact Information Davis College of Business & Technology
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Phone: (904) 256-7293