Doctor of Business Administration
Why Choose Our Program?
The program is ideal for aspiring collegiate professors, business consultants, policy makers, and C-level executives. Why the Davis DBA?
- We appreciate your real-world experience so we waived the GMAT/GRE for you
- The AACSB-accredited JU DBA program was recognized by CEO magazine in their 2020 Global rankings as a premier DBA program worldwide
- It is the only AACSB Accredited DBA program in Northeast Florida
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
Invest in you
Choose to attend class in-person or online. Classes meet one Friday and Saturday each month on JU's beautiful Florida riverside campus. But if you can’t make it, we’ve got you covered. You can always stream the class live or watch a video later. You never have to miss anything.
About Our Doctoral Program
A DBA degree prepares students for careers in both academia and corporate business through high-quality research and applied curriculum. Our DBA faculty are highly qualified academic scholars who continuously publish academic research and have studied at elite national institutions.
- Classes designed for working professionals
- Attend classes once a month (Friday & Saturday / 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- 21 months on JU main campus
- Share and learn from your classmates' challenges and experiences
There are three phases to the DBA program:
- In the first phase, students complete the “core” coursework
- The second phase is the comprehensive activity and oral presentation of dissertation proposal
- In the final phase, the candidates focus on their dissertation by dedicating their third year to doctoral level research and writing in a business area of their choice
Why a DBA?
The JU Davis College of Business DBA program is designed to create experts in evidence-based business problem solving.
A DBA allows you to:
- Take a pedagogical approach to solve real-world business problems
- Develop rigorous qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Become a consultant, entrepreneur, C-level executive, writer/author, or college professor
Learn about our DBA candidates and recent graduates who are making an impact on the world as professors and national business leaders.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed online graduate application
- Statement of Intent: This is an essay summarizing your background, goals, and interests in attending JU.
- GMAT Score: Students graduating with a degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school who hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher are exempt from this requirement. Student's holding a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- GRE and application fees for this graduate program have been temporarily waived.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. We will need a transcript for all courses that your degree institution accepted to confer your degree.* All education obtained outside of the U.S. will require a course by course evaluation with grade point average calculation from a NACES member www.naces.org