Doctor of Business Administration
What is a Doctor of Business Administration?Why a DBA?
The DBA is a professional doctorate that prepares business leaders to approach problems in new ways with high level training in real-world research and analysis skills. DBA graduates are often employed as C-suite executives, consultants, analysts, and professors. The degree is ideal preparation for advancing in your current career or transitioning to a teaching position in higher education.
A DBA allows you to:
- Take an analytical approach to solve real-world business problems
- Develop rigorous qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Become a consultant, entrepreneur, C-level executive, writer/author, or college professor
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, June 17, 2021
6 p.m. EST
The JU Advantage
- Our students benefit from strong partnerships with the local business community, including organizations such as Florida Blue, Miller Electric, TIAA Bank, Bank of America, Fifth Third Bank, Black Knight, Mayo Clinic, Baptist Healthcare, Memorial Hospital, and many others.
- Our DBA faculty are highly qualified academic scholars who continuously publish academic research and have studied at elite national institutions.
- An extensive mentorship program pairs you with faculty and current students to enhance your educational experience.
- AACSB Accredited degree ensures a high level of quality of curriculum, faculty, and the reputation behind the credential.
- Competitive Graduate and Teaching Assistantship positions are available.
- Conference-related travel expenses are available to present your research at an academic or professional conference.
You don't have to miss a thing.
Classes meet one Friday and Saturday each month on JU's beautiful Florida riverside campus. But if you can’t make it, we’ve got you covered. You can always stream the class live or watch a video later. You never have to miss anything.
- Classes designed for working professionals
- Attend classes once a month (Friday & Saturday / 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- 21 days on JU main campus
- Choose to attend class in-person or online
- Share and learn from your classmates' challenges and experiences
Three Program Phases
- In the first phase, students complete the “core” coursework
- The second phase is the comprehensive activity and oral presentation of dissertation proposal
- In the final phase, the candidates focus on their dissertation by dedicating their third year to doctoral level research and writing in a business area of their choice
Master's degree optional.
The Davis College of Business is now offering a Post-Baccalaureate to DBA option, which provides a viable accelerated pathway to the DBA for business professionals with a Bachelor's level degree.
- Students will complete their 12-credit concentration and any business prerequisites deemed necessary in the one to two semesters before beginning the doctoral portion of the program.
- DBA students need to maintain a B grade or higher in each class, as well as an overall 3.33 GPA or higher before the commencement of the DBA portion of the program.
I think what the -- what's really neat about the DBA program is that, dependent on what you want to do afterwards, there's a lot of options.
If you want to become a specialist in your corporation for this specific area, you can. If you want to become a consultant and consult other businesses on how to better their practices, you can. If you want to become an academic as a professor, then you can do that. So, dependent on what you want to do, then you can take the opportunities that you have within the coursework and within these professors to really become a specialist and an expert in your field.
Me, personally, I want to become a professor. I want to come to campus every day. I want to research. I want to teach students. I want to mold the future generation. And so, but I really am getting the most out of this program is that opportunity to network with these professors, to really learn what it is that they do each and everyday, and to become experts in the fields that I want to teach.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU application
- If you have a master's degree: Unofficial transcripts for graduate degree most recently
- If you do not have a master's degree, you will need to complete extra coursework.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- The following may be requested of students with a 3.0 GPA or below:
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE / GMAT Scores