Combine Business and NursingDual MBA / MSN
Why Choose Our Program?
This dual-degree program qualifies students to obtain both a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. This innovative, dual-degree program is designed for nurses interested in executive-level management careers and is conferred at the completion of both programs.
- Is taught by distinguished faculty with various expertise
- Includes a curriculum of 42 credits in the Davis College of Business & Technology graduate program and 18 credits through the Keigwin School of Nursing MSN program for a total of 60 credits at graduation
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and an admissions counselor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About Our Program
MSN Program Requirements
- NUR 510 - Nursing Theory & Research I
- NUR 512 - Organization, Delivery, and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514 - Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516 - Information Systems & Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520 - Nursing Research & Theory II
- NUR 551 - Advanced Role Practicum
Business Foundation Course Prerequisites
These courses are required for candidates who do not have a bachelor's degree in business or who lack knowledge in the following disciplines:
- ACCT 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Accounting
- DSIM 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- ECON 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Economics
- FIN 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Finance
- ACCT 522 - Accounting for Managerial Control
- DSIM 535 - Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations
- ECON 520 - Economics of High Performance
- FIN 534 - Optimizing Financial Performance
- INB 555 - Competing in the Global Economy
- MGT 566 - The Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
- MGT 610 - Strategic Human Resource Management
- MKG 540 - Strategic Marketing in a Digital Economy
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with All Nursing
Coursework & Nursing Degrees
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN, or ACEN accredited BSN program
Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.