BSN – DNP / FNP Cognate
Students who select the BSN to DNP/FNP cognate will take 68 credit hours post BSN degree. BSN to DNP (FNP) students must complete 1000 total clinical and residency hours prior to awarding this degree and the student practicum and residency courses assure this requirement is met.
Much of the clinical coursework in the BSN to DNP/FNP program is conducted primarily in the classroom. Students are expected to attend all clinical courses in person. The FNP clinical courses also require clinical hours to be completed each semester, outside of the classroom. Non-Clinical courses (both 500 and 600 level) may be offered in a hybrid format that requires that students attend both online and live classes.
Once students begin the 600 level coursework, the courses are conducted primarily online and only require occasional simultaneous meetings online per semester.
BSN – DNP / Leadership Cognate
Students who select the BSN to DNP/Leadership cognate will take 62 - 65 credit hours post BSN degree.
Much of the coursework in the BSN to DNP/Leadership program is conducted in a hybrid format. The 500 level courses may be offered in a hybrid format that requires students to attend both online and live classes.
Once students begin the 600 level coursework, the courses are conducted primarily online and only require occasional simultaneous online meetings per semester.
BSN to DNP students must complete 1000 residency hours prior to awarding this degree and the student practicum and residency courses assure this requirement is met.
Admissions & Curriculum
- All BSN to DNP concentrations admit only one time per year for the fall semester.
- Application deadline for fall is February 1st. All applications and required materials are due by February 1st.
- Applications will not be considered past this deadline.
- Transfer students may be accepted, and can apply through the same process with the same deadline as all other applicants.For more information on transferring from another program, please see our FAQ page.
- Applications are submitted online.
Please direct any application questions to Stephanie Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission into the BSN to DNP program occurs only in the fall semester.
The course work can be completed in 9 semesters (three years).
Assistant Director of Enrollment & Advising for Graduate Nursing
- Email address email@example.com
Hilary Morgan, PhD, CNM
Director of Graduate Nursing Programs
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org