Leadership Cognate BSN to DNP Program
The Doctor of Nursing Practice – Leadership program is for nursing leaders in senior management positions to further develop their knowledge and skills.
Students who select the BSN to DNP/Leadership cognate will take a minimum of 59 credit hours post BSN degree. BSN to DNP/Leadership program is a hybrid program. Classes are conducted online, but students are required to be on campus three times throughout the program. BSN to DNP students must complete 1000 residency hours prior to awarding this degree.
- Completed Application www.ju.edu/apply
- Request official transcripts from each postsecondary institution attended, regardless of the year classes were taken, the types of courses taken or the grade earned, including W’s. If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.3 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Statement of Intent (A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. The statement should not exceed two pages.
- Copy of current Florida RN license (Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida. International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida)
- Evidence of completion of an undergraduate course in statistics
- Minimum GRE score: 290 (The requirement of official GRE score will be waived for all applicants who have a 3.3 GPA in their undergraduate Nursing courses)
- For APRN programs: Background check (background checks are required for all students participating in clinical practice. Information on the background check may need to be released to clinical agencies for permission to participate at the clinical site. If clinical placement is denied by the agency, and an alternate site cannot be obtained, the student will not complete the program)
- Students whose first language is not English, must also provide an official TOEFL
or IELTS exam.
- Minimum internet-based TOEFL score: 79
- Minimum paper-based TOEFL score: 550
- Minimum IELTS band score: 6.5