Take Your Career to the Next LevelDoctor of Nursing Practice (Post-MSN)
Why Choose Our Program?
The Post-Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) was designed for RNs and APRNs who already possess a graduate nursing degree, to earn a terminal degree that will allow them to work at the highest level of the nursing profession. This program features two tracks. The Advanced Practice Track is designed for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses looking to enhance their advanced practice specialties with a clinical focus on individuals and populations. The Leadership Track focuses on executive-level skills and is suited for RNs and APRNs working within health care systems in areas such as education and administration.
- Students can begin the Post-MSN DNP program in any semester and follow a set progression in which they take one to two courses per semester
- Most students graduate within two to three years of starting this program
- Faculty mentors work with students individually throughout the Doctoral project phase of the program
virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and an admissions counselor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Jacksonville University's Keigwin School of Nursing invites you to apply for Riverside Hospital Foundation's scholarship opportunities. The foundation aims to provide funding for Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) students to develop, implement, evaluate, and disseminate their research findings. Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of up to $2,500 each to nurses currently residing in Duval, Clay, Nassau, Baker, and St. John's counties. Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
About the Program
There are only 3 visits to campus required during the program, and students will have the option to choose to live-stream instead. Students are required to attend program orientation, a DNP project orientation, and their final project defense. All course orientations and classwork are conducted online utilizing video conferencing.
- NUR 610 - Information Systems and Technology of Advanced Practice
- NUR 630 - Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- NUR 652 - Evidence Based Practice I
- NUR 660 - Ethics in Clinical Practice
- NUR 670 - Leadership and Health Policy
- NUR 690 - Evidence Based Practice II
- NUR 702 - DNP Practice Project
- NUR 703 - DNP Residency Hours
Advanced Practice Cognate Courses
- NUR 600 - Organizational Theory, Health Care Management and Finance
- NUR 620 - Advanced Diagnostic Reasoning and Treatment II
- NUR 640 - Clinical Manifestations of Disease Process and Emerging Therapies
Leadership Cognate Courses
- NUR 602 - Business of Healthcare
- NUR 622 - Quality Management to Improve Health Outcomes
- NUR 642 - Leadership and Innovation
Additional Certifications are available for Post-Masters DNP in the following categories:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Informatics
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Clinical Nurse Educator
Increase Your Earning PotentialGet Ready to Take the Next Step in Your Career
Graduates of this program will be well-prepared to take on new and exciting executive and administrative roles in their career. If they choose, they will also qualify to become a nursing educator, as either a DNP or Ph.D. is required to teach at most colleges and universities.
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Copy of current RN or APRN license
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.3 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scored
- Letters of Recommendation
"At JU, I had a group of instructors who were familiar with my specialty and offered support and clinical studies in my field of study. I secured a job 4 months before graduation based on the clinical rotations and expertise that was offered to me. This allowed me the perfect venue to pursue my capstone study for my DNP."
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000