Begin Your New CareerAccelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Are You Ready For Your Career Change?
Have you already earned a bachelor’s degree and now want to begin a career in nursing? Jacksonville University (JU) offers four unique Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) programs at our two locations that will prepare you to make a career change as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- 16-Month Second Degree Accelerated BSN (Summer entry term)
- 12-Month Second Degree Accelerated BSN
If you do not have your nursing license or you are looking to take your first step into the nursing field, you may be interested in the Practical Nurse (PN) program.
At Jacksonville University, we believe in making high-quality education affordable. The following scholarships are being offered to Jacksonville and Palm Coast ABSN students:
- Robert and Monica Jacoby Scholarship - one Palm Coast ABSN student will receive a full tuition scholarship thanks to the generous donation of Robert and Monica Jacoby. In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must have a 3.5 GPA, have been accepted into the program, and have deposited for the upcoming year. Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2022.
- JU & Brooks Rehabilitation Nursing Excellence Scholarship - when awarded, each accepted student will receive $10,000 in exchange for an 18-month work commitment at the current market rate with Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital or Halifax CIR. In order to apply for this scholarship, you must be an accepted student who has deposited for the upcoming year.
- JU Palm Coast ABSN Merit Scholarship - the scholarship will provide $10,000 to each accepted student to the Palm Coast ABSN program.
- JU Jacksonville ABSN Merit Scholarship- each student accepted to the Jacksonville ABSN program will be considered to receive a scholarship.
Which track is right for me?
- Structure: Four 8-week terms, plus one 16-week semester
- Pace: Your ability to work may be limited by the pace of this program.
- Locations: Arlington, Mayo Clinic, Palm Coast
- Eligibility: Bachelor's degree required
- Structure: Four 16-week semesters
- Pace: Part-time or PRN work may be possible.
- Locations: Arlington
- Eligibility: Associate or bachelor's degree required
Which track is right for me?
|Program Factor||12-Month Program||16-Month Program|
|Structure||Four 8-week terms, plus one 16-week semester||Four 16-week semesters|
|Pace||Your ability to work may be limited by the pace of this program.||Part-time or PRN work may be possible.|
|Locations||Arlington, Mayo Clinic, Palm Coast||Arlington|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree required||Associate or bachelor's degree required|
|Learn More||Arlington 12-Month Mayo 12-Month Palm Coast 12-Month||16-Month ABSN|
Eligibility & Requirements
In order to be considered for one of our Accelerated BSN programs you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution*
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Prerequisite courses completed with a 'C' higher from a regionally accredited institution*Human
- Anatomy & Physiology I with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
These are our minimum qualifications. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance a program.
*You may apply with a degree in progress and/or outstanding pre-requisites. However, they must be completed by the program start date
Your application must include the following components in order to be considered:
- Submit an online graduate application. Link above.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions. A separate transcript is required for each institution. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded within you application or after it is submitted.
- Proof of current or future enrollment in any outstanding pre-requisites. They must be taken at a
regionally accredited institution and scheduled to finish before the program starts.
- Short-answer writing sample. You must answer three prompts. There is a 200-word limit for each prompt. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- One-way recorded virtual interview. This can be done from anywhere! The questions will be presented to you at the time of recording. You will have 10 minutes to respond to five questions. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- TEAS IPP Report. No minimum score is required. Applicants have the option to complete the exam online, proctored by ATI. Scores can be uploaded to your application after the online form is submitted.
There is no application deadline. Applications will continue to be considered on a rolling basis until the cohorts are filled.
12-month: 40 students | 16-month: 50 students
Applications are evaluated on the following five components:
- Cumulative GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- Writing sample
- Virtual interview
- TEAS score
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000