Begin Your New CareerAccelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Are You Ready For Your Career Change?
Have you already earned a bachelor’s degree and now want to begin a career in nursing? Jacksonville University (JU) offers two unique Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs that will prepare you to make a career change as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The JU 16-Month Accelerated BSN employs JU faculty with various expertise for students to learn from, as well as a schedule that allows students to successfully balance their classes with their personal lives. Graduates of this program are prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the field of nursing in less than two years.
- In the Jacksonville University and Baptist Health 12-Month Second Degree BSN Program, students benefit from a unique partnership. JU faculty and expert clinical faculty from Baptist Health will teach you the necessary healthcare delivery skills in a strategic, purposeful, and flexible model that allows you to successfully enter the field of nursing in one year. Qualified individuals will also have the opportunity to earn a work promise agreement from Baptist Health upon graduation and licensure.
Our recruiting team is currently working through a high volume of applicants for this program. We appreciate your patience as we diligently respond to each request. We encourage you to sign up for the next Virtual Information Session, where you’ll have an opportunity to ask questions and learn more.
Start your application
The 2022 application is now open!
Which track is right for me?
- Program starts in August
- Return on investment: Get started in your new career faster.
- Rigorous pace: You won't be able to work while you study.
- Program starts in May
- Easier to pay: Break program costs down over a longer payment plan.
- Manageable pace: You could complete part-time or PRN work.
Which track is right for me?
|Program Factor||12-Month Program||16-Month Program|
|Program Length||12 months||16 months|
|Easy Pay vs. Start Earning||Return on investment: Get started in your new career faster.||Easier to pay: Break program costs down over a longer payment plan.|
|Pace / Intensity||Rigorous pace: You won't be able to work while you study.||Manageable pace: You could complete part-time or PRN work.|
|Learn More||12-Month ABSN||16-Month ABSN|
Eligibility & Requirements for Admission
- Completed JU Application
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Prerequisite courses completed with a C grade or above (please note that if these
courses are not completed, they can be completed at JU)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- General Chemistry with accompanying lab
- Microbiology with accompanying lab
- Human Growth & Development
- If your application meets our eligibility requirements you will receive a supplemental
Nursing application. This application is comprised of the following components. Please
note, we consider all 5 components when evaluating an application:
- Overall GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- One-way recorded interview: This can be done from the comfort of your home.
- Three short-answer prompts
- TEAS Test: no minimum score is required.
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000