Pursue a Nursing Career16-Month Accelerated BSN
Earn a second bachelor's degreeLaunch your career in just 16 months.
Have you already earned an associate's or bachelor's degree and now want to begin a career in nursing? Jacksonville University's (JU) unique Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program will prepare you to begin a nursing career in less than two years. Graduates of this program are prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the field of nursing, and leave the program prepared to make their career change as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Jacksonville University's 16-month Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is now accepting applications with an associate's degree. Please refer to the admissions requirements below for more information.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Virtual information session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
At Jacksonville University, we believe in making high-quality education affordable. The following scholarships are being offered to students of the Jacksonville 16-Month ABSN program:
- JU & Brooks Rehabilitation Nursing Excellence Scholarship - when awarded, each accepted student will receive $10,000 in exchange for an 18-month work commitment at the current market rate with Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital or Halifax CIR. In order to apply for this scholarship, you must be an accepted student who has deposited for the upcoming year.
- JU ABSN Merit Scholarship - Each admitted JU ABSN Jacksonville student will be considered to receive the scholarship. No additional application needed.
Are You Ready For Your Career Change?
No matter what bachelor's degree you possess, we will provide you with the skills you will need to swiftly change the course of your career path to nursing.
Not only will you benefit from the knowledge and experience of our expert faculty, but we will provide you with an academic advisor who will be there to assist you every step of the way.
The Jacksonville University advantageWhy Choose Our Program?
JU has over 20 years of experience in offering highly-regarded nursing programs that prepare students to launch their nursing careers with the competencies needed to succeed.
- Only takes 16 months to complete, beginning in May
- Employs JU faculty with various healthcare expertise for students to learn from
- Allows students to successfully balance their classes with their personal lives
Eligibility & RequirementsIs this the program for you?
If you have already earned an associate's or bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in nursing, Jacksonville University’s Keigwin School of Nursing offers you the opportunity to complete your nursing degree in 16 months with this accelerated nursing program.
In order to be considered for the 16-month Accelerated BSN program you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution*
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Prerequisite courses completed with a 'C' or higher from a regionally accredited institution*
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
These are our minimum qualifications. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
*You may apply with a degree in progress and/or outstanding pre-requisites. However, they must be completed by the program start date.
Your application must include the following components in order to be considered:
- Submit an online application. Start your application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions. A separate transcript is required for each institution attended. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded within you application or after it is submitted.
- Proof of current or future enrollment in any outstanding pre-requisites. They must be taken at a regionally accredited institution and scheduled to finish before the program starts.
- Short-answer writing sample. You must answer three prompts. There is a 200-word limit for each prompt. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- One-way recorded virtual interview. This can be done from anywhere! The questions will be presented to you at the time of recording. You will have 10 minutes to respond to five questions. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
There is no application deadline. Applications will continue to be considered on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled.
Applications are evaluated on the following four components:
- Cumulative GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- Writing sample
- Virtual interview
Our 16-month program offers a summer entry term and focuses on Critical Care. Students are expected to attend on-campus classes four days a week and clinicals one day a week. However, during senior summer, students are expected to attend clinicals two days a week. This program does not offer evening or online classes.
Our programs are 'lock-step.' A lock-step program requires all students to complete a set curriculum in a specified sequence. This also requires that students successfully complete each course in order to progress. Because of this, programs cannot be completed in less time than outlined.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information regarding our program's curriculum.
16-month Accelerated BSN Progression Plan
Student Financial Services - Once Accepted
Explore Accelerated Nursing at JUChoose Your Path
Explore your options in accelerated nursing with Jacksonville University! With four different Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) programs between our Arlington and Palm Coast locations, JU and the Keigwin School of Nursing are committed to the success of each student by providing a high-quality, well-rounded education that works best for you.
Offered at our Arlington campus:
- Accelerated 16-month BSN program*
- JU and Baptist Health 12-month Second Degree BSN Program
Offered at our Palm Coast location:
- 16-month Second Degree BSN Program*
*These programs are accepting applications with associate's degrees.
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000