Jacksonville University & Baptist Health12-Month Second Degree BSN Program
Earn a Second Bachelor's Degree Launch your career in just 12 months.
Have you already earned a bachelor’s degree and now want to begin a career in nursing? Through a unique partnership between Jacksonville University and Baptist Health, our new 12-Month Second Degree BSN Program will prepare you to begin a nursing career in just 12 months. Graduates of this program are prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the field of nursing, and leave the program prepared to make their career change as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our recruiting team is currently working through a high volume of applicants for this program. We appreciate your patience as we diligently respond to each request. We encourage you to sign up for the next Virtual Information Session, where you’ll have an opportunity to ask questions and learn more.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
INCREASE YOUR EARNING POTENTIALOne Year to Start your Career
Jacksonville University has a proven track record of preparing nursing students to successfully begin their careers. Because it only takes 12 months to finish this program, you will be ready to increase your earning potential sooner.
These dates are from the 2019 bachelors in traditional nursing program graduates.
The Jacksonville University advantageWhy Choose This Program?
Baptist Health is Magnet™-designated, which is considered the gold standard among health care organizations that meet ANCC standards for quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practice.
Jacksonville University faculty and expert clinical faculty from Baptist Health will teach you the necessary healthcare delivery skills in a strategic, purposeful and flexible model that allows you to attend class and maintain balance in your personal life.
Along the way, University faculty and Baptist Health clinical faculty will guide, mentor and prepare you to successfully enter the nursing profession.
Qualified individuals will also be given the opportunity to earn a work-promise agreement from Baptist Health upon graduation and licensure.
Eligibility & RequirementsIs this the program for you?
If you have already earned a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in nursing,
Jacksonville University’s Keigwin School of Nursing offers you the opportunity to
complete your nursing degree in 12 months with this accelerated second-degree program.
In order to be considered for the 12-month Accelerated BSN program you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Prerequisite courses completed with a C grade or above from a regionally accredited
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
*You may apply with outstanding pre-requisites, but they must be completed before
the first day of class.
Your application must include the following components in order to be considered:
- Submit an online graduate application. Link below.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions. A separate transcript is required for each institution. Transcripts can be uploaded to your application after the online form is submitted.
- Proof of current or future enrollment in any outstanding pre-requisites. They must be taken at a
regionally accredited institution and scheduled to finish before the program starts.
- Short-answer writing sample. You must answer three prompts. There is a 200-word limit for each prompt. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- One-way recorded virtual interview. This can be done from anywhere! The questions will be presented to you at the time of recording. You will have 10 minutes to respond to five questions. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- TEAS IPP Report. No minimum score is required. Applicants have the option to complete the exam online,
proctored by ATI. Scores can be uploaded to your application after the online form
Applications are evaluated on the following five components:
- Cumulative GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- Writing sample
- Virtual interview
- TEAS exam score
To download a copy of the admissions requirements and application process.
To see the full curriculum for this program, please download the 12-month Accelerated BSN Progression Plan.
For information regarding tuition, please visit our Graduate Tuition & Cost page.
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000