Earn a BSN and MSN at the same timeRN-MSN
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you a working nurse looking to further your education? Our RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-MSN) program allows registered nurses to earn two degrees on their terms, through a flexible, highly-regarded nursing program. Graduates from the RN-MSN program are prepared for a career in nursing leadership, healthcare quality and safety, education, or informatics. This program was designed to streamline your education path, saving you time and money while you earn a BSN and MSN at the same time.
- The RN to Master's degree program in Nursing at Jacksonville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RN license
- Take advantage of the strong partnerships JU maintains with healthcare industry leaders
- This program accepts applications through JU's Graduate Fast Application.
virtual INFORMATION SESSION
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and an admissions counselor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Saving time, money and courseworkRN-MSN Your Way
JU's RN-MSN program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The RN-MSN program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Offered in a flexible format including 100 percent online or in-person evening options, convenient for working professionals
- Courses offered in 8-week flexible course formats that allow you start year-round and take terms off when you need it
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule.
About our Program
BSN Core Courses
- NUR 352SI: Professional Nursing
- NUR 354WI: Evidence-Based Nursing
- NUR 357: Assessment and Pathophysiology I
- NUR 452WI: Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy
- NUR 453: Community Focused Professional Nursing
- NUR 449: Assessment and Pathophysiology II
- NUR 455: Advanced Acute Care Concepts
MSN Core Courses
- NUR 510: Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512: Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514: Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516: Information Systems and Technology for Improved Health Care
- NUR 520: Nursing Theory and Research II
- *NUR 551: Advanced Role Practicum
RN to MSN students must select one of the following specializations, each comprised of 12 credit hours.
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Nursing Informatics
- Healthcare Quality and Safety
* All courses must be completed prior to NUR 551.
ADMISSIONSHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Active US Nursing License
- All unofficial transcripts from regionally accredited colleges & universities and any transcripts that reflect the student's completed nursing coursework & nursing degrees regardless of regional accreditation
The following may be requested of students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or below:
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Howard Administration Building
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Phone: (904) 256-7000