Earn a BSN and MSN at the same timeRN-MSN
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you a working nurse looking to further your education? Our RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-MSN) program allows registered nurses to earn two degrees on their terms, through a flexible, highly-regarded nursing program. Graduates from the RN-MSN program are prepared for a career in nursing leadership, healthcare quality and safety, education, or informatics. This program was designed to streamline your education path, saving you time and money while you earn a BSN and MSN at the same time.
- The RN to Master's degree program in Nursing at Jacksonville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RN license
- Take advantage of the strong partnerships JU maintains with healthcare industry leaders
- This program accepts applications through JU's Graduate Fast Application.
VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION
Request to watch a previous virtual information session. These sessions will allow you to learn more about our program, hear from faculty and understand the admissions process.
Saving time, money and courseworkRN-MSN Your Way
JU's RN-MSN program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The RN-MSN program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Offered in a flexible format including 100 percent online or in-person evening options, convenient for working professionals
- Courses offered in 8-week flexible course formats that allow you start year-round and take terms off when you need it
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule.
About our Program
BSN Core Courses
- NUR 352SI: Professional Nursing
- NUR 354WI: Evidence-Based Nursing
- NUR 357: Assessment and Pathophysiology I
- NUR 452WI: Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy
- NUR 453: Community Focused Professional Nursing
- NUR 449: Assessment and Pathophysiology II
- NUR 455: Advanced Acute Care Concepts
MSN Core Courses
- NUR 510: Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512: Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514: Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516: Information Systems and Technology for Improved Health Care
- NUR 520: Nursing Theory and Research II
- *NUR 551: Advanced Role Practicum
RN to MSN students must select one of the following specializations, each comprised of 12 credit hours.
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Nursing Informatics
- Healthcare Quality and Safety
* All courses must be completed prior to NUR 551.
ADMISSIONSHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Active US Nursing License
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- All unofficial transcripts from regionally accredited colleges & universities and any transcripts that reflect the student's completed nursing coursework & nursing degrees regardless of regional accreditation
The following may be requested of students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or below:
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Howard Administration Building
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Phone: (904) 256-7000