Online RN BSN
The RN to BSN program in the Keigwin School of Nursing at Jacksonville University is a fully online, CCNE accredited program specially designed for working nurses. Graduates from the online RN to BSN program prepares professional nurses as competent generalists who think critically, communicate effectively, and assess and manage the health needs of clients in a variety of settings. Students have the opportunity to complete a Bachelor's degree in as little as 18 months. Though our program is 100% online, majority of the faculty who teach in the online RN-BSN program also teach in our traditional classrooms and clinical settings. Many are doctorally prepared, and all have years of clinical practice experience.
Highlights of the Online RN to BSN program
- 30 credits for your U.S. RN license
- Six yearly sessions
- Manageable 8-week courses
- Study part- or full-time
- No mandatory login times
- Practice projects completed locally
- Convenient for U.S. military nurses stationed worldwide
- All active-duty service members, Reservist, Guardsmen, Veteran, spouses and dependents of disabled or deceased Veterans receive a 10% discount on online nursing undergraduate and graduate degree tuition.
Admission into the online RN-BSN program is conducted on a rolling basis with six start dates per year. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed RN to BSN Application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required
- Copy of active license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination and score either 540 on the paper-based exam, or 76 on Internet-based exam
To obtain a Bachelor's degree, each student must meet the 120 credit hour requirement. The credit hour make-up include the following: BSN nursing courses, BSN core courses, and general education courses. Students matriculate at least 30 credit hours of BSN level nursing courses throughout the duration of the program.
- NUR 352SI - Professional Nursing (3)
- NUR 353 - Information Management in Healthcare (3)
- NUR 354WI - Evidence-Based Nursing (3)
- NUR 357 - A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysioloy for the Practicing Nurse Part I (3)
- NUR 452WI - Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy (3)
- NUR 453 - Community Focused Professional Nursing (4)
- NUR 449 - A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysioloy for the Practicing Nurse Part II (4)
- NUR 455 - Advanced Acute Care Concepts (3)
- *NUR 456 - Application of Professional Nursing Concepts (4)
- NUR 339 - Global Health Promotion (3)
- NUR 340 - Holistic Nursing (3)
- NUR 344 - Palliative Care Strategies for the Professional Nurse (3)
*Nursing electives are optional and reserved for those who need additional credit hours
* All courses must be completed prior to NUR 456 - this includes transfer courses
- Total Nursing Credit Hours: 30
- Total Core Credit Hours: 60
- Credit Hours for RN Licenses: 30
- Total Credit Hours for BSN Degree: 120
For tuition information, please visit Student Financial Services. Please note that tuition may increase each academic year.
You Uphold the Highest Standards. Shouldn't Your Online Learning Solutions?
At Bisk, we live and breathe online education. For over 40 years we've been guided by a fundamental belief that learning is much more than a casual pursuit. It's a life-changing journey that never ends. We've built our reputation on developing successful online solutions in two key areas: Higher Education, and Executive Education and Training. Learn more about Bisk.
Dorcas Kunkel, DNP, RN, PHNA-BC, LHITHP
RN-BSN Program Coordinator; Assistant Professor, Keigwin School of Nursing
Email address email@example.com
Caitlin Bright, BS
Coordinator of Enrollment, Nathan M. Bisk Center of Professional Studies
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org