Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RNRN-BSN
Why Choose Our Program?
Jacksonville University's (JU) highly flexible RN-BSN program is designed to help Registered Nurses earn a BSN degree their way. JU has over 40 years of experience in offering highly-regarded nursing programs led by expert nursing faculty.
- Earn 30 credits toward your BSN from your RN license
- Take advantage of the partnerships JU maintains with healthcare industry leaders
- Finish your degree in as little as 12 months
Increase your Earning PotentialRN-BSN Your Way
JU's RN-BSN program prepares you to take the next step in your career whether that be a promotion or graduate school. The RN-BSN program was designed for you to complete your way:
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Offered 100% online, convenient for working professionals
- Courses offered in 7-week flexible course formats that allow you to begin year-round and take terms off when you need it
- Part-time option available
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule
About Our Program
Each student must meet the 120 credit hour requirement.
- 30 credit hours awarded for your RN license
- 60 core credit hours: AA or AS degree (additional credit hours may be required)
30 credits hours of BSN level nursing courses:
- NUR 352SI: Professional Nursing
- NUR 353: Information Management in Healthcare
- NUR 354WI: Evidence-Based Nursing
- NUR 357: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part I
- NUR 449: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part II
- NUR 452WI: Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy
- NUR 453: Community-Focused Professional Nursing
- NUR 455: Advanced Acute Care Concepts
- **NUR 456: Application of Professional Nursing Concepts
**All courses must be completed before NUR 456
We also award 30 credit hours for possessing an active registered nursing license. Therefore, we will need to verify that students can transfer about 60 credit hours comprising of the BSN core courses and general education course.
- Total Nursing Credit Hours: 30
- Total Core Credit Hours: 60
- Credit Hours for RN License: 30
- Total Credit Hours for BSN Degree: 120
Kathryn Kane's StoryImmersive Learning
Dive into a unique learning experience, with Jacksonville University's Keigwin School of Nursing. Students will be immersed in experiential learning utilizing virtual reality labs, telepresence robots, simulation scenarios, and research, giving them first-hand knowledge of patient care.
Learn about Kathryn Kane's story, a student in our 12-Month Accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program, by watching her episode on The College Tour.
Immersive Learning at Jacksonville University- The College Tour
All right, everyone. Let's head over to the new Health Sciences Center to meet Kathryn. She's a student in JU's 12-month bachelor of nursing program, the only one-year program in the state of Florida. Being a forward-thinking university means embracing the benefits of technology. JU uses interactive tools like virtual reality and robotics to enhance and accelerate learning. Kathryn, the floor is all yours.
Thanks, Alex. I first came to Jacksonville University in 2008 to pursue a degree in
Exercise Science, and to play volleyball. After graduating, I worked in healthcare
for six years and then decided to pursue a second career in nursing. The U.S. has
a dire need for nurses right now, so when JU announced their 12-month inaugural accelerated
program, it was an easy decision for me to come back to my alma mater. Dr. Amber Santos
and Dr. Melissa Mcrae and JU's Keigwin school of nursing have developed an immersive
learning program that gives students a chance to dive into human anatomy and practice
patient scenarios to hone our critical thinking skills. We have access to programs
that let us see inside diseased lungs and coronary arteries, advancing our education;
way beyond the textbooks. We also work with telepresence robots to simulate emergency
scenarios with a remote physician or even telehealth services with patients and their
families. These programs have boosted my confidence when going into the hospital for
our clinical rotations. Ultimately, I'm becoming a safer, more knowledgeable nurse.
Jacksonville University offers the only 12-month nursing program in the state of
Florida. It's a rigorous, demanding curriculum designed to address the growing nursing shortage in our country. My classmates and I eat, sleep, and breathe nursing. We built strong bonds, always encouraging and helping one another.
This is what it means to be a Dolphin. Thanks to JU and immersive learning, I'm going to be a practicing nurse later this year. I've learned not only nursing skills; but stress management, leadership skills, and
research skills for evidence-based practices. Back to you, Alex.
That is incredible. How cool is it to go inside the human body and learn how major organs function up close? It truly is an immersive experience. Thank you for giving us that demonstration, Kathryn. You will make a fantastic nurse.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- All unofficial transcripts from regionally accredited colleges & universities and any transcripts that reflect the student's completed nursing coursework & nursing degrees regardless of regional accreditation
The following may be requested of students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or below:
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000