Davis College of BusinessBusiness Analytics
Business Analytics majors will study advanced statistics, data visualization, time series analysis, forecasting, optimization simulation, decision analysis, database analysis, competitive intelligence, and econometrics. Students in this major develop highly sought-after skills that propel them in the national job market.
- DSIM 307 - Intro to Business Analytics
- DSIM 405 – Advance Statics & Econometrics
- DSIM 410 - Business Data Analysis
- DSIM 415 - Management Science
- DSIM 420 - Visual Analytics
Potential Career Pathways
The job market for business analytics has grown substantially in recent years as major organizations have adopted data-driven and technology-focused tactics and strategies. Business analytics majors have the opportunity to participate in internships, which can turn into full-time employment.
Students interested in furthering their education with a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) have the option to participate in our Grad2Grad program, which offers them the opportunity to receive both their undergraduate and graduate degree in either a 5-year (4 + 1) or 4-year (3 + 1) format.
AdmissionsStart Your Application
- We are test-optional and do not require an essay if you have above a 3.0 GPA.
- Entering students may declare business administration as a major. Many entering freshmen will declare a major of pre-business until they reach sophomore status.