The Dean’s Fellowship offers opportunities for undergraduate students in the Davis College of Business & Technology to focus on professional development and advancement in their field. Students must be invited to be a part of this prestigious program.
Dean’s Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities, including:
- Participate in specific professional development opportunities created for this advanced group.
- Receive access to Career Management coaching and tools including VMock resume review and Big Interview mock interviews.
- Participate as a mentee in the Career Management mentorship program.
- Participate in special networking activities with the Davis College Executive Advisory Board.
- Freshmen and Sophomores will receive individual coaching on selection and obtainment of internship opportunities.
- Juniors and Seniors will be included as part of the DCOB resume book that is presented to employers and board members.
- Be informed of specific employment opportunities from employer partners that are seeking JU students.
- Serve on the DCOB Student Advisory Board to the Dean.
- Automatically eligible for the Davis Grad2Grad program where you can take up to 4 graduate classes as an undergraduate student.
- Have access to additional scholarship opportunities.
Selected students will be invited by the Dean to be a part of the program. Selection criteria include the following:
- An undergraduate major in the College of Business.
- GPA of 3.50 or higher for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors is the minimum for consideration.
- GPA of 3.75 or higher for Freshmen is the minimum for consideration.
- Dean’s Fellows must maintain a 3.50 or higher college GPA.
- No record of academic violations
- New Freshmen must be recommended by the Dean.
- Existing students must be recommended by a faculty member and will be selected based on soft skills such as professionalism, communication, and critical thinking.