Joint MSOL/MSABA Degree Master of Science in Organizational Leadership + Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
The Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) and Master of Science Organizational Leadership (MSOL) dual degree program is designed for leaders in a wide variety of organizations and management-level careers who want to apply business analytics skills to leadership activities.
Jacksonville University offers a dual degree program in which qualified students may obtain a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) and Organizational Leadership (MSOL) degree. This innovative program allows cross crediting of coursework.
Jacksonville University’s program offers broad exposure to advanced-level analytical skills and core business leadership knowledge. Students enrolled in the MSABA/MSOL dual degree program complete graduate level core courses in the MSOL and all the required analytical courses in the MSABA. Graduates are awarded a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics and in Organizational Leadership. The degree is a dual degree and will be conferred at the completion of both programs.
Students who choose the MSABA/MBA dual degree program will be required to apply to and be admitted into both the MSABA and MBA programs. They will be required to complete 57 credits in the Davis College of Business Graduate Programs in addition any foundation courses required. Because the MSABA curriculum includes core business graduate courses and the MBA has an elective option, the cross crediting of coursework reduces the total courses required by four (4) classes (12 credits) while still including all the analytical skills and the broad knowledge necessary to apply them in the business world.
Admission into the MSOL/MSABA program is conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission;
- Completed Online Application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- All education obtained outside of the U.S. will require a course by course evaluation with grade point average calculation from a NACES member www.naces.org
- GRE or GMAT score
- The GRE has been temporary waived for students with a GPA above 3.0.
- Students graduating with a degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school who hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Student's holding a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Essay summarizing your background, goals, and interests in attending JU.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination
Foundation Course Prerequisites
These courses are required for candidates who do not have a bachelor's degree in business or who lack basic knowledge in the following disciplines:
- ECON 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Economics (3)
Applied Business Analytics Program Requirements
- DSIM 602 - Introduction to Applied Business Analytics (3)
- DSIM 603 - Applied Statistical Modeling and Analysis (3)
- DSIM 604 - Applied Data Visualization and Analysis (3)
- DSIM 605 - Applied Data Management (3)
- DSIM 606 - Data Mining and Predictive Analytics (3)
- DSIM 607 - Management of Analytical Projects (3)
- DSIM 608 - Applied Managerial Analytics (Capstone) (3)
TOTAL MBA CREDIT HOURS: 21
MSOL Program Requirements
- ACCT 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Accounting (3)
- FIN 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Finance (3)
- DSIM 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods (3)
- DSIM 518 - Competing Through Innovation & Information Technology (3)
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations (3)
- MGT 566 - The Legal & Ethical Environment of Business (3)
- MGT 610 - Strategic Human Resource Management (3)
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy (3)
TOTAL MSOL CREDIT HOURS: 24
TOTAL DEGREE CREDIT HOURS: 45
For more information regarding tuition, please visit Student Financial Services. Please note that tuition may increase each academic year.
To learn more, contact Daniel Beulah or Courtney Penna.
Interdisplinary Online Academic Advisor
Assistant Director of Admissions - Campus Based