Master of ScienceOrganizational Leadership
Why Choose Our Program?
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) degree blends business,
communication, and social sciences, with an emphasis on management and leadership.
Our MSOL program is an alternative to the traditional Master of Business Administration
(MBA), with a key difference — Organizational leadership foregoes some of the intense
quantitative studies of economics and finance in favor of human resources and leadership
theory. The MSOL degree has been called "the business degree for non-business majors,"
as it is well-suited to skilled professionals who want to develop their management
knowledge and abilities.
- Is 30 credit hours
- Begins every 8 weeks
- Is offered on full-time or part-time tracks
- Offers FLEX classes
- Can be combined with a Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, June 24, 2021
About Our Program
This course is required for candidates who do not have two semesters of undergraduate economics. A student may elect to test out of the foundation courses. See a graduate academic advisor to schedule exam(s).
- ECON 509* - Essentials of Economics
MSOL Program Courses
- ACCT 509** - Essentials of Accounting
- DSIM 509** - Essentials of Quantitative Methods
- FIN 509** - Essentials of Finance
- DSIM 518 - Competing Through Innovation & Information
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy
- MGT 548 - Leading People and Organizations
- MGT 566 - The Legal & Ethical Environment of
- MGT 610 - Strategic Human Resource Management
- MGT 630 - Teamwork and Organizational Change
* May substitute two semesters of undergraduate Economics.
** May take higher-level discipline course as a substitute.
Students earning this degree go on to earn job titles such as Human Resources Manager or Executive Director. Graduates of this degree field report their job satisfaction as high, with the average salary of this degree being $72,311 per year, reported by Payscale.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for Degree Most Recently Conferred (Undergraduate-Bachelor’s or Graduate)
- The following may be requested from students with a GPA under 3.0
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of recommendation; two of which should be professional references. References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student's professional abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.