Nurse Practitioner Programs
The Keigwin School of Nursing now offers different Nurse Practitioner specialization options for those interested in pursuing their MSN degree. All track options are available in full-time and part-time paces for each specialization.
The available APRN tracks are:
- MSN - Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner/Emergency Nurse Practitioner (FNP/ENP)
- MSN - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
*Post-Master’s certificate options are available for all above listed specializations. Information on all post-master’s certificate programs can be found here.
APRN Program Admissions
- All APRN concentrations admit only one time per year for the fall semester.
- Application deadline for fall is February 1st.
- All applications and required materials are due by February 1st. Applications will not be considered past this deadline.
- Transfer students may be accepted, and can apply through the same process with the
same deadline as all other applicants.
- For more information on transferring from another MSN program, please see our FAQ page.
- Applications are submitted online.
Standard Admissions Requirements
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities
- 3.0 undergraduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Evidence of completion of undergraduate courses in statistics
- Official GRE scores of 290 or higher
- The requirement of official GRE scores will be waived for all applicants who have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate nursing GPA
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Intent
- A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- Copy of valid Florida RN License
- Out of state applicants must have valid RN license from a US state and be eligible for license endorsement in the state of Florida.
- Minimum of one year of professional nursing experience is required prior to beginning
the first clinical course in all APRN tracks
- Additional experience is required in AGACNP
- If the applicant’s primary language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam will be
TOEFL minimum scores - 550 paper, 79 internet based
IELTS minimum score – 6.5
- Required interview for qualified candidates
- All APRN programs require clinical participation, and background checks are required for all students after they have been admitted to the program as required by our clinical affiliates. Information on the background check may need to be released to clinical agencies for permission to participate at the clinical site. If clinical placement is denied by the agency, and an alternate site cannot be obtained, the student will not complete the program.
Graduate students can expect to pay a one time subscription fee prior to the start of their program ranging from $700 to $1800 depending upon the program. The fee is due upon matriculation and the student will receive a breakdown of services received for these fees.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
Email address email@example.com