Master of Science in NursingFamily Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University’s Master of Science in Nursing Program (MSN) prepares students for advanced practice roles in Nursing. Our Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is designed to prepare you with the educational, administrative, and clinical knowledge necessary to advance nursing knowledge and improve professional nursing practice.
- Is offered in full-time or part-time tracks, so you can learn at your own pace
- Has over 20 years of experience offering highly-regarded nursing programs led by expert faculty
- Allows for unique, real-world learning experiences through clinical placements and in our state-of-the-art simulation center
If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing, you may be interested in the Family Nurse Practitioner post-graduate certificate.
virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and an admissions counselor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
FNP Quick Facts
JU's MSN Family Nurse Practitioner program was designed to help you conveniently take the next step towards your career.
- Small classes provide you with individual attention
- Work with an academic advisor throughout the program who will assist you with individualizing your program progression in a way that works for your schedule
We have a dedicated clinical placement team that oversees the clinical placement process. In the past, we have had 100 percent success in placing in the Northeast Florida region.
- Part-time students are on campus 3-6 hours each Wednesday, and full-time Students are on campus 6-11 hours each Wednesday
About Our Program
The MSN-FNP program begins one time per year in the fall semester, on campus.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location.
- NUR 510 - Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512 - Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514 - Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516 - Information Systems and Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520 - Nursing Theory and Research II
- NUR 501 - Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 - Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 509 - Pediatric Health Promotion and Disease Management
- NUR 519 - Primary Care I
- NUR 527 - Primary Care II
- NUR 529 - Primary Care III
- NUR 553 - Advanced Role Practicum
Graduates are prepared for the Family Nurse Practitioner National Certification Exams through American Nurses Credentialing Center and American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. After successful completion of the certification exam graduates are prepared to apply for licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the state of Florida.
Kathryn Kane's StoryImmersive Learning
Dive into a unique learning experience, with Jacksonville University's Keigwin School of Nursing. Students will be immersed in experiential learning utilizing virtual reality labs, telepresence robots, simulation scenarios, and research, giving them first-hand knowledge of patient care.
Learn about Kathryn Kane's story, a student in our 12-Month Accelerated Bachelor of Nursing program, by watching her episode on The College Tour.
Immersive Learning at Jacksonville University- The College Tour
All right, everyone. Let's head over to the new Health Sciences Center to meet Kathryn. She's a student in JU's 12-month bachelor of nursing program, the only one-year program in the state of Florida. Being a forward-thinking university means embracing the benefits of technology. JU uses interactive tools like virtual reality and robotics to enhance and accelerate learning. Kathryn, the floor is all yours.
Thanks, Alex. I first came to Jacksonville University in 2008 to pursue a degree in
Exercise Science, and to play volleyball. After graduating, I worked in healthcare
for six years and then decided to pursue a second career in nursing. The U.S. has
a dire need for nurses right now, so when JU announced their 12-month inaugural accelerated
program, it was an easy decision for me to come back to my alma mater. Dr. Amber Santos
and Dr. Melissa Mcrae and JU's Keigwin school of nursing have developed an immersive
learning program that gives students a chance to dive into human anatomy and practice
patient scenarios to hone our critical thinking skills. We have access to programs
that let us see inside diseased lungs and coronary arteries, advancing our education;
way beyond the textbooks. We also work with telepresence robots to simulate emergency
scenarios with a remote physician or even telehealth services with patients and their
families. These programs have boosted my confidence when going into the hospital for
our clinical rotations. Ultimately, I'm becoming a safer, more knowledgeable nurse.
Jacksonville University offers the only 12-month nursing program in the state of
Florida. It's a rigorous, demanding curriculum designed to address the growing nursing shortage in our country. My classmates and I eat, sleep, and breathe nursing. We built strong bonds, always encouraging and helping one another.
This is what it means to be a Dolphin. Thanks to JU and immersive learning, I'm going to be a practicing nurse later this year. I've learned not only nursing skills; but stress management, leadership skills, and
research skills for evidence-based practices. Back to you, Alex.
That is incredible. How cool is it to go inside the human body and learn how major organs function up close? It truly is an immersive experience. Thank you for giving us that demonstration, Kathryn. You will make a fantastic nurse.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Complete JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN, or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Virtual Interview
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Phone: (904) 256-7000