Post-Graduate Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University's Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) is designed to prepare students to demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills in evaluating the health and illness of selected populations. Graduates will manage direct care of individuals experiencing acute and chronic health issues across the lifespan.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study this area in greater depth, you may be interested in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Family Nurse Practitioner degree program.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About Our Program
Delivery: Campus – Students attend class on campus one day per week.
Length: 5 semesters, unless you are already a Nurse Practitioner then it is 4 semesters
Start Term: Start Term: Fall (August) for students who are not already Nurse Practitioners. Spring (January) for students who are already Nurse Practitioners
Students will be required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 501 - Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 - Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 509 - Pediatric Health Promotion and Disease Management
- NUR 519 - Primary Care I
- NUR 527 - Primary Care II
- NUR 529 - Primary Care III
- NUR 553 - Advanced Role Practicum for the Nurse Practitioner
- NUR 555 - Advanced Practicum for Nurse Practitioner Specializations
Graduates are prepared for the Family Nurse Practitioner National Certification Exams through American Nurses Credentialing Center and American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. After successful completion of the certification exam graduates are prepared to apply for licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the state of Florida.
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale is required
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a regionally accredited program and CCNE, NLN, or ACEN accredited program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Virtual Interview
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.