Post-Graduate Certificate Nursing Informatics
Why Choose Our Program?
The Nursing Informatics (NI) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) allows you to take your nursing education to the next level. Students completing this specialization will experience a focused curriculum and practicum aligned with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Informatics Certification. Graduates will leave the program with an understanding of the dynamic relationship between people, information technology, healthcare services, and the healthcare system, and the skills necessary to leverage information technology to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Nursing Informatics in greater depth, you may be interested in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nursing Informatics degree program.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
About Our Program
The Nursing Informatics Certificate program is fully online, and courses begin in the Fall 1 term. The program is made up of 12 credit hours
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 584 - Foundations Nurs Informatics
- NUR 585 - Advanced Nursing Informatics
- NUR 586 - Advanced Nursing Informatics II
- NUR 587 - Population Health Informatics, Epidemiology, and Evidenced Based Nursing Informatics in a Global Society
Graduate and Post-Grad Degree OptionsExplore Your Options
In addition to our Nursing Informatics post-graduate certificate, we also offer other graduate and post-graduate program options.
Other certificate programs we offer at Jacksonville University include:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Healthcare Quality and Safety (HQS)
If you are interested in studying beyond the graduate level, check out our Doctor of Nursing Practice program!
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000