Post-Graduate Certificate Nursing Informatics
Why Choose Our Program?
The Nursing Informatics (NI) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) allows you to take your nursing education to the next level. Students completing this specialization will experience a focused curriculum and practicum aligned with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Informatics Certification. Graduates will leave the program with an understanding of the dynamic relationship between people, information technology, healthcare services, and the healthcare system, and the skills necessary to leverage information technology to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Nursing Informatics in greater depth, you may be interested in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nursing Informatics degree program.
start your application
About Our Program
This Nursing Informatics Certificate program is fully online, and students are able to enroll every eight weeks. The program is made up of 12 credit hours.
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 584 - Foundations Nurs Informatics
- NUR 585 - Advanced Nursing Informatics
- NUR 586 - Advanced Nursing Informatics II
- NUR 587 - Population Health Informatics, Epidemiology, and Evidenced Based Nursing Informatics in a Global Society
- NUR 551 - Advanced Role Practicum
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent