Post-Graduate CertificateAdult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University's Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) is designed to train advanced practice nurses to manage adults with critically complex and acute episodic illnesses experienced in both the clinical and hospital setting. Graduates will be equipped with advanced diagnostic reasoning skills to analyze, interpret, and synthesize complex concepts in patients with active and ongoing chronic illnesses.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Adult Gerontology Acute Care in greater depth, you may be interested in our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner degree program.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
About Our Program
- Delivery: Campus – Students attend class on campus one day per week
- Length: 5 semesters If you are already a Nurse Practitioner, it is 4 semesters
- Start Term: Fall (August) for students who are not already Nurse Practitioners. Spring (January) for students who are already Nurse Practitioners
Students will be required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 501 - Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 - Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 553 - Advanced Role Practicum for the Nurse Practitioner/NUR 555 - Advanced Practicum for Nurse Practitioners
- NUR 563 - Acute Care Nursing I
- NUR 564 - Acute Care Nursing II
- NUR 565 - Advanced Acute Care Pharmacology
- NUR 566 - Advanced Acute Care Clinical Skills
- NUR 567 - Advanced Acute Care Discharge and Health
- NUR 568 - Adult Gerontology Acute Care III
Graduates are prepared for the Adult Gerongology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner National Certification Exams through American Nurses Credentialing Center and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. After successful completion of the certification exam graduates are prepared to apply for licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the state of Florida.
Graduate and Post-Grad Degree OptionsExplore Your Options
In addition to our Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner post-graduate certificate, we also offer other graduate and post-graduate program options.
Other certificate programs we offer at Jacksonville University include:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Healthcare Quality and Safety (HQS)
- Nursing Informatics
If you are interested in studying beyond the graduate level, check out our Doctor of Nursing Practice program!
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN, or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Virtual Interview
- Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7000