Master of Science in NursingAdult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University's Master of Science in Nursing Program (MSN) prepares students for advanced practice roles in nursing. Our Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) program is designed to train advanced practice nurses to manage adults with critically complex and acute episodic illnesses experienced in both the clinical and hospital setting. Graduates will be equipped with advanced diagnostic reasoning skills to analyze, interpret, and synthesize complex concepts in patients with active and ongoing chronic illnesses.
- Is taught by experienced, board-certified acute care Nurse Practitioners
- Provides students with clinical experiences including hospital medicine, ICU, trauma, and various specialties related to the management of acutely ill patients, as well as live simulation activities
- Provides expert faculty to ensure that all students receive clinical placements
If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing, you may be interested in the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner post-graduate certificate.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
About Our Program
The MSN-AGACNP full time and part time progressions begin one time per year in the fall semester, on-campus.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
- NUR 510 Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512 Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514 Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516 Information Systems and Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520 Nursing Theory and Research II
- NUR 501 Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 553 Advanced Role Practicum
- NUR 563 Acute Care Nursing I
- NUR 566 Advanced Acute Care Clinical Skills
- NUR 564 Acute Care Nursing II
- NUR 567 Advanced Acute Care Discharge Planning and Health Promotion
- NUR 568 Acute Care Nursing III
- NUR 565 Advanced Acute Care Pharmacology
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Nursing License
- Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letter(s) of Recommendation