Post-Graduate Certificate Leadership in Healthcare Systems
Why Choose Our Program?
The Leadership in Healthcare Systems (LHS) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) allows you to take your nursing education to the next level. Completing this four-course specialization will allow you to experience a focused curriculum that prepares you to take on leadership positions and to influence nursing facility policies. Graduates of this program are eligible to become board certified as a Nurse Executive, a highly respected credential that opens the door to nurse leadership positions.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Leadership in the Healthcare System in greater depth, you may be interested in our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in Leadership in the Healthcare System degree program.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About Our Program
This Leadership in Healthcare Systems Certificate program is fully online, and students are able to enroll every eight weeks. The program is made up of 12 credit hours.
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 530 - Financial Management of Nursing Systems
- NUR 531 - Human Resource Management in Healthcare
- NUR 532 - Nursing Leadership in the Healthcare System
- NUR 533 - Quality and Safety in Healthcare
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a regionally accredited program and CCNE, NLN, or ACEN accredited program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice