Post-Graduate Certificate Clinical Nurse Educator
Why Choose Our Program?
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC) allows you to take your graduate nursing education to the next level. Students completing this specialization will experience a focused curriculum, and leave the program with a preparedness to focus on adult education in either staff development or continuing education in a healthcare agency, or higher education, teaching nursing students.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Clinical Nurse Education in greater depth, you may be interested in our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Clinical Nurse Educator degree program.
start your application
About Our Program
This Clinical Nurse Educator Certificate program is fully online, and students are able to enroll every eight weeks. The program is made up of 12 credit hours.
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 508 - Advanced Pathophysiology for the Clinical Nurse Educator
- NUR 521 - Pharmacology & Physical Assessment for the Clinical Nurse Educator
- NUR 522 - Academic Nurse Education
- NUR 523 - Clinical Nurse Education
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent