Post-Graduate Certificate Clinical Nurse Educator
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Our MSN Clinical Nurse Educator program is designed to provide a convenient way for working registered nurses to earn their graduate degrees. Graduates will be prepared to provide highly qualified direct patient services and discipline-specific educational concepts to nursing practice. Those who participate will experience a focused curriculum aligned with the National League for Nursing’s (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Program.
If you do not have a master's degree or would like to study Clinical Nurse Education in greater depth, you may be interested in our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Clinical Nurse Educator degree program.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
About Our Program
This Clinical Nurse Educator Post-Graduate Certificate (PGC Program) is fully online, and students are able to enroll every eight weeks. The program is made up of 13 credit hours.
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 508 - Advanced Pathophysiology for the Clinical Nurse Educator
- NUR 521 - Pharmacology & Physical Assessment for the Clinical Nurse Educator
- NUR 522 - Academic Nurse Education
- NUR 523 - Clinical Nurse Education
- NUR 555 - Advanced Practicum for Nurse Practitioner
Graduate and Post-Grad Degree OptionsExplore Your Options
In addition to our Clinical Nurse Educator post-graduate certificate, we also offer other graduate and post-graduate program options.
Other certificate programs we offer at Jacksonville University include:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Healthcare Quality and Safety (HQS)
- Nursing Informatics
If you are interested in studying beyond the graduate level, check out our Doctor of Nursing Practice program!
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (if applying to a Nurse Practitioner track)
- Statement of Intent
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of their proficiency in English, by providing scores for either: IELTS or TOEFL. If submitting score reports, they must be sent directly to Jacksonville University from the testing institutions.
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Phone: (904) 256-7196