Master of Science in NursingPsychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you ready to take your nursing career to the next level? Jacksonville University's Master of Science in Nursing Program (MSN) prepares students for advanced practice roles in nursing. Our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program is designed to educate advanced practice nurses to demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills in evaluating the health of individuals and families suffering from mental health issues. Graduates, if they choose, will be prepared to continue study at the Doctorate level.
- Has strong clinical partnerships with leading providers and facilities
- Is taught by licensed, practicing PMHNPs
- Provides expert faculty to ensure that all students receive clinical placements
If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing, you may be interested in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner post-graduate certificate.
virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and an admissions counselor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
About Our Program
The MSN-PMHNP program begins one time per year, in the fall semester. The program is offered in both full-time and part-time tracks, on campus. Students will also have opportunities to learn experientially.
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for our Palm Coast location. We anticipate approval in 2021.
- NUR 510 Nursing Theory and Research I
- NUR 512 Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare
- NUR 514 Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles
- NUR 516 Information Systems and Technology for Improved Healthcare
- NUR 520 Nursing Theory and Research II
- NUR 501Advanced Health Assessment
- NUR 502 Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 504 Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 571 Psychiatric Assessment and Diagnostics Across the Lifespan
- NUR 573 Psychopharmacological Management of Patients Across the Lifespan with Mental Health Disorders
- NUR 574 Neuroanatomy for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- NUR 579 Psychotherapy Across the Lifespan for Individuals, Families and Groups
- NUR 553 Advanced Role Practicum
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- If the candidate attended a college or university abroad, an official NACES evaluation of that transcript is required. Choose the course-by-course evaluation with the GPA option.
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate Nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Intent
- Nursing License
- Out of state applicants must be eligible for endorsement in Florida
- International students must hold a current license from a U.S. state and be eligible for endorsement in Florida.
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or below
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
Request for Information
Contact Information Keigwin School of Nursing
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Phone: (904) 256-7000