Freshman Acceptance Program
You may be an ideal candidate for this program if you are a first-time freshman interested in declaring nursing as your major at Jacksonville University. The Keigwin School of Nursing offers first-time freshman an opportunity to be accepted into the Traditional BSN program as a high school senior through our Freshman Acceptance (Direct Entry) Program.
Guaranteed seat in the Traditional BSN Program
Begin exploring your career first semester in 'Introduction to Nursing'
Join the Student Nurses Association before you start nursing courses
Inclusion in the Mentorship Program once you start nursing courses
Automatic consideration for merit scholarships when you submit an application
Opportunity to live in a dorm block with other Freshman Acceptance students
Please note, you can only be chosen for this program as a high school senior.
In order to be accepted to the Freshman Acceptance Program:
- You must be a high school senior
- You must have a high school GPA of 3.50 (weighted)
- You must have a 'B' or higher (or equivalent weighted AP course grade) in the following
- Algebra II
- You must have an SAT score of 1180 or ACT score of 24
Please note: You cannot apply directly to the Freshman Acceptance Program. To be considered, please ensure you apply as a Freshman and select 'Nursing' as your Academic Program. If accepted, you will receive two decision letters: an acceptance letter to the University and an acceptance letter to the Program.
Beginning the Traditional BSN Program
Accepted students must have the following completed in order to begin their nursing curriculum:
- NUR 112 – Introduction to Nursing (1 credit)
- JU Core Curriculum with a maximum of 2 outstanding courses
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a 'C' or higher:
- BIOL 215 or HLSC 270 – Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIOL 216 or HLSC 271 – Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits)
- BIOL 222 – Microbiology for Health Professionals (4 credits)
- CHEM 101 – Introductory College Chemistry (4 credits)
- KIN 221 – Human Nutrition (3 credits)
- PSYC 210 – Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- MATH 205 – Elementary Statistics (3 credits)
Please see the 2021-2022 Academic Catalog for the recommended JU Core and pre-requisite course schedule.
Hey, Class of 2022.
Ready to secure your seat at the Keigwin School of Nursing?
For questions regarding the Freshman Acceptance Program, please contact:
Email address email@example.com