Freshman Acceptance Program
Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing offers the unique opportunity to be accepted into the nursing program as a high school senior. The Freshman Acceptance Program encourages students to be involved with the Keigwin School of Nursing activities from the start of their college experience.
All students who are part of this special cohort will take the Introduction to Nursing course before they embark on their nursing curriculum. This course offers an opportunity to interact with Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing faculty and nursing students, learn about the history and the ever-expanding role of the professional nurse.
Admissions & Curriculum
You may be an ideal candidate for this program if you are a first-time freshman interested in declaring nursing as your major at JU. Please note, you can only be chosen for this program as a high school senior. JU offers this unique opportunity to be accepted into the Keigwin School of Nursing as a high school senior with a guaranteed seat in the program.
In order to be accepted you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a high school GPA 3.5 (weighted)
- You must have a B or equivalent weighted AP course grade in the following courses:
- High School Chemistry
- High School Biology
- High School Algebra
- You must have an SAT Score of 1170 or ACT score of 24
- Please note, even though accepted students are guaranteed a seat they must have the
following in order to begin their nursing curriculum:
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a C or better by the nursing entry term
- All JU core classes must be completed ( A maximum of 2 outstanding JU core classes are permitted.)
You cannot apply to directly to the Freshman Acceptance Program. Please ensure that you select "Bachelor of Science in Pre-Nursing" as your Academic Major during the application process. If you meet the Freshman Acceptance requirements and are accepted, our Admissions Team will notify you directly.
Please click here to view the Degree Plan for Pre-Nursing & Freshman Acceptance.