Freshman Acceptance Program
You may be an ideal candidate for this program if you are a first-time freshman interested in declaring nursing as your major at Jacksonville University. The Keigwin School of Nursing offers first-time freshman an opportunity to be accepted into the Traditional BSN program as a high school senior through our Freshman Acceptance (Direct Entry) Program.
A dedicated program advisor from day one
Guaranteed seat in the Traditional BSN Program
Begin exploring your career first semester in 'Introduction to Nursing'
Join the Student Nurses Association before you start nursing courses
Automatic consideration for merit scholarships when you submit an application
Please note, you can only be chosen for this program as a high school senior.
In order to be accepted to the Freshman Acceptance Program:
- You must be a high school senior
- You must have a high school GPA of 3.50 (weighted)
- You must have a 'B' or higher (or equivalent weighted AP course grade) in the following
- Algebra II
- You must have an SAT score of 1180 or ACT score of 24
Please note: Please ensure you apply as a freshman and select 'Bachelor of Science in Nursing' as your Primary and Secondary Academic Program. If accepted, your decision letter will specify you have been selected for the 2023 Freshman Acceptance Nursing Program.
Beginning the Traditional BSN Program
Accepted students must have the following completed in order to begin their nursing curriculum:
- NUR 112 – Introduction to Nursing (1 credit)
- No more than 2 incomplete JU Bachelor Core Curriculum courses
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a 'C' or higher:
- HLSC 270 – Human Anatomy (4 credits)
- HLSC 271 – Human Physiology (4 credits)
- BIOL 222 – Microbiology for Health Professionals (4 credits)
- CHEM 101 – Introductory College Chemistry (4 credits)
- KIN 221 – Human Nutrition (3 credits)
- PSYC 210 – Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- MATH 205 – Elementary Statistics (3 credits)
Please see the 2022-2023 Academic Catalog for the recommended JU Core and pre-requisite course schedule.
Hey, Class of 2023.
Ready to secure your seat at the Keigwin School of Nursing?
For questions regarding the Freshman Acceptance Program, please contact:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshman Acceptance Program - Academic Advisor
Email address email@example.com
FAFSA Application - Federal Student Aid
Undergraduate Tuition and Costs
How to Access & Review Your Degree Audit in Self-Service