Traditional Nursing Program
Focus: Critical Care
Length: 28 months*
Entry terms: Fall and Spring
Courses: On campus
Clinicals: One day a week with an affiliated hospital
Departmental Honors in the major
Qualifies for the Navy's Military Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP)
In order to be considered for the Traditional BSN program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution**
- Current JU Students: Completion of your JU Core curriculum satisfies this requirement. Current JU students may apply with a maximum of two outstanding Core classes.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Pre-requisite courses completed with a 'C' or higher from a regionally accredited
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
Your application must include the following components by the deadline in order to be considered:
- Submit an undergraduate application. Links below.
- External Applicants: Applicants with an associate's degree should apply as a Transfer. Students with a bachelor's degree should apply as a Second Degree Undergraduate.
- Current JU Students: Please contact the Keigwin School of Nursing (email below) to verify your qualifications and instructions on accessing the existing student application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions. A separate transcript is required for each institution. Please upload your transcripts after submitting your application.
- Proof of current or future enrollment in any outstanding pre-requisites. This can be satisfied with an unofficial transcript showing your registration or by submitting a short cover letter detailing your registration plan. Courses must be scheduled to finish before the program starts.
- Nursing writing sample. You must answer three prompts. There is a 200-word limit for each prompt. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- Virtual interview. This can be done from anywhere! The questions will be presented to you at the time of recording. You will have 10 minutes to respond to five questions. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- TEAS IPP Report. No minimum score is required. Applicants can complete the exam online, proctored by ATI. IPP Reports can be uploaded after submitting your application. To download a copy of your IPP report, please refer to these How To instructions.
Applications are evaluated on the following five components:
- Cumulative GPA
- Pre-requisite GPA
- Writing sample
- Virtual interview
- TEAS score
Our Traditional BSN program offers fall and spring entry terms. This program focuses on Critical Care and takes 28 months to complete. Students are expected to attend on-campus classes four days a week and clinicals one day a week. This program does not offer summer, evening, or online classes.
Our programs are 'lock-step.' A lock-step program requires all students to complete a set curriculum in a specified sequence. This also requires that students successfully complete each course in order to progress. Because of this, programs cannot be completed in less time than outlined.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information regarding our program's curriculum.
Undergraduate Admissions - Transfer Admissions
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate Nursing - Current JU Students
Email address email@example.com