Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Jacksonville University, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, Keigwin School of Nursing is committed to the success of each student as a self-assured, competent, caring professional nurse, who practices in an evolving, complex health care environment, provides leadership to promote health among culturally diverse people and promotes the advancement of nursing knowledge through evidence-based practice and life-long learning.
- Freshman Acceptance Program
- Traditional Program
- Second Degree Program
- RN-BSN Cohort Program
- Online RN-BSN
- Veteran BSN Program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences and nursing science to understand global perspectives, stimulate critical thinking, and use current technologies.
- Make sound decisions in the use of patient information and health care technology to design, coordinate, and manage nursing care for individuals, families and populations.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence to provide caring, compassionate, and culturally appropriate patient-centered care to people in a variety of settings.
- Communicate, collaborate, and negotiate effectively to improve patient healthcare outcomes.
- Exhibit professional values and behaviors as outlined by a professional code of ethics, professional standards, and legal statutes.
- Promote healthy lifestyles through health promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention education for individuals and populations.
- Incorporate evidence-based knowledge and theory into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaboration within interdisciplinary health care partners and professional, political, and/or regulatory organizations to support change in health care.
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure patient safety and high quality health care.
- Engage in life-long learning and scholarly inquiry to continue professional career development.