- College of Arts & Sciences
- Division of Humanities
- Division of Science & Math
- Division of Social Science
- Forms & Procedures
- Professional Program Partnerships
- NROTC Unit
- Student Success Programs
- Wilma's Little People School
College of Arts & Sciences
Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences!
Arts and Sciences is the heart of Jacksonville University. The College includes all of the areas considered for centuries to be important for an educated population. Science and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities and Education including Wilma's Little People School along with the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) are all part of the College of Arts and Sciences. Majoring and minoring in fields represented in the college can prepare you for graduate or professional school or for a career.
Regardless of your major field of study you will take courses in these areas to meet the core general education requirements. Study of writing and literature, international studies, social sciences, mathematics, philosophy, foreign languages, laboratory sciences and humanities will enrich your lives. Problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills are highly prized in many careers and are a major component of the education you will receive at JU. Please explore the options available beyond the courses that you are required to take. You may find you have talent in an area you never even knew existed.
Sandra Coyle, PhD
Sandra Coyle, Ph.D.
- Telephone number (904) 256-7100
Division of Humanities
Scott Kimbrough, Ph.D.
- Telephone number (904) 256-7102
Division of Science & Math
Brian Lane, Ph.D.
Judy San Socie
- Telephone number (904) 256-7300
Division of Social Sciences
- Telephone number (904) 256-7212
- Telephone number (904) 256-7210
Captain Neil Karnes
- Telephone number (904) 256-7495
- Telephone number (904) 256-7132
Wilma's Little People's School
- Telephone number (904) 256-7147