Jacksonville University Sailing Team
The Jacksonville University Sailing Team wins–
with speed, style and sportsmanship.
We are the future of college sailing, and the future is now.
Since its founding in 2013, the JU Sailing team has:
- Won consistenly, rising in the national rankings from 250th to the top 20
- Grown from 5 people who learned to sail on campus to 35 world-class athletes from around the United States and beyond, including from Spain, Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Netherlands, Turks and Caicos, Cuba and Thailand, as well as 14 U.S. states
- Consistently beaten powerhouse sailing schools including College of Charleston, Tufts University, Georgetown University and Stanford University
- Earned one of the highest team GPAs at Jacksonville University
On the water, the JU Sailing team:
- Won the 2019 Women’s Fleet Race Conference Championships
- Finished 2nd at the 2019 Co-ed Fleet and Team Racing Conference Championships
- Competed in seven straight Co-ed National Semi-Finals and finished 16th in the country at the 2019 National Championships
- Made five appearances at the Women’s National Semi-Finals
- Qualified for all six National Championships in 2018-2019, one of only three teams in the country to do so
- Finished 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2019) at the Women’s Singlehanded National Championships
- Finished 4th (2017) and 12th (2018) at the Men’s Singlehanded National Championships
- Finished 13th at the 2019 Team Race National Championships, only the second season that JU competed in Team Racing
- Finished 6th (2018) and 3rd (2019) at Match Race National Championships
Off the water, the JU Sailing team advances sustainability education and care for the water through service projects and community engagement throughout the city of Jacksonville.
Come win with us, and help build the future of college sailing!
For the latest information about our nationally-ranked team, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.