The mission of the Jacksonville University Honors Program is to provide an academic challenge for advanced students. The Honors program is designed to encourage intellectual curiosity, to build character, and to lead students in determining their individual values and goals. Through rigorous coursework and enrichment activities, Honors faculty and students create a close community who supports outstanding scholarship, personal growth, and service within the University.
- Academic Scholarships (William J. Porter Honors, Presidential Honors, Jacksonville University Honors)
- Mentorship and advising in personal and professional development
- Interdisciplinary seminars
- Study abroad and cross-cultural experiences
- Student scholars community
- Priority class registration
- Individualized research support
- Graduation with University Honors
JU Honors graduates have gone on to attend Yale University Law School, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other prestigious graduate and professional schools. Many have earned graduate fellowships and scholarships. Others are building careers in business corporations, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, schools, scientific pursuits, public service roles, entrepreneurial endeavors, and the arts.