Office of the Provost
Office of the Provost
At Jacksonville University, the provost serves as the chief academic officer, working with the president to oversee academic policies and activities university-wide.
Dr. Donnie Horner has served as the Provost at Jacksonville University since June 2016. As a direct report to President Tim Cost and the leader of the University in his absence, Horner has established the reputation as a dynamic, energetic, transparent, inclusive, transformational leader who overseas an unusually wide range of university and academic affairs. He is responsible for four colleges, two institutes, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, and the usual, diverse range of academic and research support systems. Instrumental in crafting the one-of-a-kind "OCEARCH at Jacksonville University" agreement which elevates the University to a leader in Marine Science and shark research, he also established "JU Downtown," a campus to serve the burgeoning graduate student populations in the health sciences and business programs. Unusually qualified for the breadth and depth of his roles and responsibilities, learn more about Dr. Horner here.
About the Office of the Provost
Colleges, Schools, and Institutes
- Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Fine Arts
- Davis College of Business
Additional Areas of Oversight
- Academic Advising Center
- Academic Technology
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Institutional Effectiveness & Research
- International Programs
- Nathan M. Bisk Center for Professional Studies (website coming soon)
- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
- Study Abroad
Fall 2017 Midterm Update
Greetings from JU! Hard to believe classes resumed almost six-weeks ago and we're at the point of mid-term grades being reported. The pace has been energetic, the learning very lively and experiential, and the mood on campus extraordinarily positive.
There are just so many positive things happening academically that I am bursting with pride.
Academic News Selected Headlines
- “Unique bond” drives 100% license exam pass rate at Keigwin School of Nursing
- JU enters world stage of ocean research with ‘OCEARCH at Jacksonville University’ partnership
- Former U.S. Rep. Ander Crenshaw joins Public Policy Institute Board