- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
- Get Started
- Finding Funding Opportunities
- Apply For Funding
- Research Tool Box
- Contact Us
- About ORSP
Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is committed to the success of Jacksonville University's research enterprise. Research and sponsored activities enhance the quality of teaching, retain and attract superior faculty, and provide new experiential learning opportunities for students.
What does “Research and Sponsored Programs” include?
- All research, scholarship, education, public service and creative activity, regardless of discipline.
- All funds applied for and/or awarded from outside the University as a Grant or a Contract or other Sponsored Agreement.
What does the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs do?
Reporting to the Provost, the ORSP serves every faculty member in every academic discipline and research area.
The Office provides support in pre-award, limited non-financial post-award, technology transfer, and compliance oversight.
The ORSP is:
The only administrative unit authorized by the University to review and submit funding proposals, and negotiate the terms of grant and contract awards made to the institution. Any award made to the University may only be accepted by the President or the Chief Financial Officer.
The designated administrative unit to JU's Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The committees are charged with ensuring that research conducted at the University follows the requirements and guidelines set forth by federal, state and local governments for the protection of human subjects and the ethical use of animals.
Renee Rossi is Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and Jacksonville University’s Authorized Institutional Representative. In this capacity, Director Rossi has the authority to submit applications or proposals, and review and negotiate award terms on behalf of the University. Only the President and the Chief Financial Officer have the authority to execute and obligate the University on resulting grants, cooperative agreements, or contracts for sponsored projects.
- Resume or CV Biography
- Email address email@example.com
- Telephone number (904) 256-7458
- Office location Howard Administration Building, 3rd floor
Please note: All proposals for external funding, regardless of dollar amount, must:
- Be reviewed by the ORSP a minimum of 5 days before the due date.
- Have institutional approval prior to being submitted to a funding agency.
JU reserves the right to reject an award if the project has not been properly routed and vetted by Administration prior to its submission.