Internal Funding Opportunities
Deadlines for Competitive Internal Grants
|Internal Grant Program||Proposal Due Date||Award Notification on or before||Project Period|
|Faculty RCAS (Research, Creative Activity, and Scholarship)||October 29, 2021||December 1, 2021||January 1 - June 30|
October 4, 2021
November 15, 2021
October 29, 2021
December 3, 2021
November 1 - March 1
December 13 - April 29
|Proposals accepted anytime through December 3, 2021||
Rolling awards through
December 10, 2021
|Award receipt through April 22, 2022|
Provost Fellow (PROF)
|Anticipated Spring 2022||TBD|
|Faculty Summer of Scholarship (SoS)||February 25, 2022||March 13, 2022 - TBD||April 1, 2022 - July 29, 2022|
Faculty Professional Development: Virtual and Travel Grants (open - rolling)
A variety of mini-grants are available to assist with expenses related to professional development.
Terms and Conditions for All Internal Grant Programs
- For all Travel Support grants, be sure to read the ORSP Travel Policy before leaving on your trip.
- All proposals are due to email@example.com (unless otherwise noted) by 5:00 p.m. EST on stated deadline date.
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible, unless otherwise noted. For Student RCAS, full- or part-time graduate and undergraduate students are eligible.
- Awardees are responsible for abiding by JU policies and procedures for purchasing materials, hiring personnel, and requesting reimbursement for travel. Be sure to read the ORSP Travel Policy before leaving on your trip.
- All funds must be expended within the award period. Extensions may be considered only for the EPIC projects on a case-by-case basis. Other grant programs do not offer extensions, and no funds may be carried over into another fiscal year.
- Funds may not be used for any faculty salaries/stipends/overloads. EPIC /C-JU funding may not be used for student stipends/student workers. Click here for a list of ineligible reimbursement items.
- With the exception of the Travel Support grants, all awardees are expected to submit, at minimum, a final report indicating project outcomes. Failure to submit a final report for the Student RCAS, Faculty RCAS, and JU Collaborate will result in the faculty member not being eligible to seek internal funding for one full fiscal year after the report’s due date.
- JU reserves the right to not issue any awards or to reduce award amounts based on its own discretion.
- Intellectual Property and EPIC-sponsored projects: if faculty are planning a proposal that may have the potential to result in an intellectual property disclosure, patent-protection, and possible commercialization, they must contact the ORSP to discuss prior to making application to the I-DID grant program.