Internal Funding Opportunities
Faculty Travel Support
A variety of mini-grants are available to assist with travel expenses related to professional development, research and proposal development.
Faculty Research, Creative Activity & Scholarship
Grants are designed to support faculty efforts to advance Jacksonville University's engagement in research, creative activity, and scholarship (RCAS).
Student Research, Creative Activity & Scholarship
These mini-grants are for small, start-up projects related to research, creative activity and scholarship, and are open to undergraduate and graduate students. They are designed to support student engagement in research, creative activity, and scholarship (RCAS).
Faculty Collaborations in Interdisciplinary Research (Collaborate JU)
Collaborate JU is a component of the Florida EPIC Program at Jacksonville University, which includes the four tenets of entrepreneurism, policy, innovation, and commerce. Supported by the Florida Department of Education, the EPIC program at JU supports projects designed to equip graduates with the skills needed to begin careers in the high-demand fields so vital to Florida’s economic prosperity and global competitiveness.
Terms and Conditions for All Internal Grant Programs
- All proposals are due to firstname.lastname@example.org (unless otherwise noted) by 5:00 p.m. EST on stated deadline date.
- All proposals will be competitively reviewed for intellectual merit, project organization, and quality of the proposal.
- Full-time faculty are eligible, unless otherwise noted.
- Awardees are responsible for abiding by JU policies and procedures for purchasing materials, hiring personnel, and requesting reimbursement for travel.
- All awards, including those for Travel Support (TS), are intended to support academic scholarship, as opposed to discipline-specific licensures and certifications.
- All expenditures must be approved by the college dean, then forwarded to the ORSP for approval.
- All funds must be expended within the award period. Extensions may be considered only for the EPIC projects on a case-by-case basis. Other grant programs do not offer extensions, and no funds may be carried over into another fiscal year.
- Funds may not be used for any faculty salaries/stipends/overloads.
- With the exception of the Travel Support grants, all awardees are expected to submit, at minimum, a final report indicating project outcomes. Failure to submit a final report for the Student RCAS, Faculty RCAS, and JU Collaborate will result in the faculty member not being eligible to seek internal funding for one full fiscal year after the report’s due date.
- JU reserves the right to not issue any awards or to reduce award amounts based on its own discretion.
- Intellectual Property and EPIC-sponsored projects: if faculty are planning a proposal that may have the potential to result in an intellectual property disclosure, patent-protection, and possible commercialization, they must contact the ORSP to discuss prior to making application to EPIC.