Internal Funding Opportunities
Deadlines for Competitive Internal Grants
July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024
|Internal Grant Program||Proposal Due Date||Award Notification on or before||Project Period|
|Faculty RCAS (Research, Creative Activity, and Scholarship)||October 27, 2023||November 10, 2023||December 1, 2023 - May 1, 2024|
|Proposals accepted anytime through December 8, 2023||
Rolling awards through
December 15, 2023
|Award receipt through April 1, 2024|
|June 30, 2023||July 20, 2023||August, 2023 - June, 2024|
Faculty Professional Development: Virtual and Travel Grants (open - rolling)
For 2023-24: Faculty may apply for one faculty development request per semester due to a decrease in overall funding availability.
Terms and Conditions for All Internal Grant Programs
- For all Travel Support grants, be sure to read the ORSP Travel Policy before leaving on your trip.
- All proposals are due to firstname.lastname@example.org (unless otherwise noted) by 5:00 p.m. EST on stated deadline date.
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible, unless otherwise noted. For Student RCAS, full- or part-time graduate and undergraduate students are eligible.
- Awardees are responsible for abiding by JU policies and procedures for purchasing materials, hiring personnel, and requesting reimbursement for travel.
- All funds must be expended within the award period. Extensions may be considered only for the EPIC projects on a case-by-case basis.
- Funds may not be used for any faculty salaries/stipends/overloads. EPIC funding may not be used for student stipends/student workers, gift cards, awards/give-aways, or furniture. Click here for a list of ineligible reimbursement items.
- With the exception of the Professional Developoment grants, all awardees are expected to submit, at minimum, a final report indicating project outcomes. Failure to submit a final report for the Student RCAS or the Faculty RCAS will result in the faculty member not being eligible to seek internal funding for one full fiscal year after the report’s due date.
- JU reserves the right to not issue any awards or to reduce award amounts based on its own discretion.
- Intellectual Property and EPIC-sponsored projects: if faculty are planning a proposal that may have the potential to result in an intellectual property disclosure, patent-protection, and possible commercialization, they must contact the ORSP to discuss prior to making application to the I-DID grant program.