Internal Funding Opportunities
Deadlines for Competitive Internal Grants 2019-2020
|Proposal Due Date||Internal Grant Program||Award Notices No Later Than||Project Period|
|Monday, October 14, 2019||Collaborate JU*||Wednesday, December 11, 2019||January 1 – June 30, 2020|
|Friday, October 25, 2019||Provost’s Fellowship^||Friday, November 8, 2019||Spring, Summer or Fall 2020|
|Friday, November 1, 2019||Faculty RCAS*||Wednesday, December 11, 2019||January 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020|
|Wednesday, December 4, 2019||Friday, December 13, 2019||December 16, 2019 - March 6, 2020|
|Monday, January 13, 2020||Student RCAS**||Tuesday, January 28, 2020||Feb 1, 2020 – June 1, 2020|
|Monday, January 27, 2020||Faculty Summer of Scholarship**||Faculty Summer of Scholarship**||April 1, 2020 – August 3, 2020|
|Monday, April 13, 2020||Collaborate JU*||Friday, June 12, 2020||July 1 – Dec 31, 2020|
* Scored by the Research Engagement and Academic Pursuits (REAP) Committee ^ Scored by Academic Affairs **Scored by the ORSP
Faculty Travel Support
A variety of mini-grants are available to assist with travel expenses related to professional development, research and proposal development.
Faculty Research, Creative Activity & Scholarship
Grants are designed to support faculty efforts to advance Jacksonville University's engagement in research, creative activity, and scholarship (RCAS).
Student Research, Creative Activity & Scholarship
These mini-grants are for small, start-up projects related to research, creative activity and scholarship, and are open to undergraduate and graduate students. They are designed to support student engagement in research, creative activity, and scholarship (RCAS).
Faculty Collaborations in Interdisciplinary Research (Collaborate JU)
Collaborate JU is a component of the Florida EPIC Program at Jacksonville University, which includes the four tenets of entrepreneurism, policy, innovation, and commerce. Supported by the Florida Department of Education, the EPIC program at JU supports projects designed to equip graduates with the skills needed to begin careers in the high-demand fields so vital to Florida’s economic prosperity and global competitiveness.
Terms and Conditions for All Internal Grant Programs
- For all Travel Support grants, be sure to read the ORSP Travel Policy before leaving on your trip.
- All proposals are due to email@example.com (unless otherwise noted) by 5:00 p.m. EST on stated deadline date.
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible, unless otherwise noted. For Student RCAS, full- or part-time students are eligible.
- Awardees are responsible for abiding by JU policies and procedures for purchasing materials, hiring personnel, and requesting reimbursement for travel. Be sure to read the ORSP Travel Policy before leaving on your trip.
- All funds must be expended within the award period. Extensions may be considered only for the EPIC projects on a case-by-case basis. Other grant programs do not offer extensions, and no funds may be carried over into another fiscal year.
- Funds may not be used for any faculty salaries/stipends/overloads. New for FY 2020: EPIC /C-JU funding may not be used for student stipends/student workers. Click here for a list of ineligible reimbursement items.
- With the exception of the Travel Support grants, all awardees are expected to submit, at minimum, a final report indicating project outcomes. Failure to submit a final report for the Student RCAS, Faculty RCAS, and JU Collaborate will result in the faculty member not being eligible to seek internal funding for one full fiscal year after the report’s due date.
- JU reserves the right to not issue any awards or to reduce award amounts based on its own discretion.
- Intellectual Property and EPIC-sponsored projects: if faculty are planning a proposal that may have the potential to result in an intellectual property disclosure, patent-protection, and possible commercialization, they must contact the ORSP to discuss prior to making application to EPIC / Collaborate-JU.