Office of the Provost
Office of the Provost
About the Office of the Provost
At Jacksonville University, the Provost serves as the chief academic officer, working with the president to oversee academic policies and activities university-wide.
Dr. Christine Sapienza is the Provost at Jacksonville University. As a direct report to President Tim Cost and the leader of the University in his absence, Dr. Sapienza is responsible for four colleges, two institutes, and a diverse range of academic and research support systems. Learn more about the Provost and her staff.
Mission & Objectives
The Office of the Provost provides vision, leadership, and oversight for all areas related to Academic Affairs in order to ensure that the quality of student education is a top priority in all decision making.
The Office of the Provost is also responsible for the recruitment, hiring, and support of faculty members and college administrators. Accomplished through a system of shared and collegial governance, this mission is executed by:
- determining academic priorities for the University
- working collaboratively with Admissions and Enrollment Management
- optimizing support for faculty development
- managing tenure and promotion processes
- interpreting personnel policies equitably, correctly, and consistently
- facilitating experiential learning initiatives and student engagement
- fostering intellectual curiosity
- promoting the importance of inclusion, diversity, and accessibility
- providing budgetary support for faculty members, academic units, and academic programming
- stewarding fiscal responsibility while being attentive to the needs of the University’s academic community
Restructuring, Researching, and Resource-Sharing
The DSIF program provides students the opportunity to receive hands-on experience in managing the DSIF endowment fund with a portfolio of more than half-million dollars.
Areas of Oversight
Colleges, and Institutes
- Academic Advising Center
- Academic Integrity
- Analytics and Planning
- Academic Technology
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Experiential Learning
- Global Institute for Teaching & Learning
- Honors Programs
- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
- STEAM Institute