- CTL Home
- Faculty Professional Development
- Faculty development programs
- scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Sotl in 10 minutes
- New Faculty
- CTL Calendar
- Academic Technology Support
- Intellectual Property
The Center for Teaching and Learning supports JU faculty in their pursuit of innovative and creative teaching to improve student motivation and learning by providing resources and services that support teaching, research, and service endeavors.
Letter from the Director
August 15, 2016
It is my pleasure to serve as your Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). CTL exists to support Jacksonville University's faculty in their scholarship of teaching and learning. I seek to lead a CTL that provides the tools and resources necessary for you to deliver your best teaching resulting in rich and meaningful learning experiences for our students.
Like you, I am aware excellence in teaching already exists at JU. However, many faculty, departments, and colleges operate in isolation, something far too common in academia. I see opportunities for faculty to work across disciplines, lead in areas of expertise, and better utilize the intellectual capital readily available at JU. Together as the faculty of JU, we can share our academic accomplishments as thought leaders with our colleagues and our greater community.
As a member of the faculty, I know many are of us are often interested in supporting Community Service, Internships, Undergraduate Research, and Study Abroad in the context of our scholarship, teaching, and learning. I envision the CTL as a place where faculty can successfully collaborate, utilizing a wealth of expertise associated with our entire university community including the Board of Trustees, staff, and administration.
I thank you for entrusting me with the leadership of the CTL. I look forward to working with you, my colleagues as we enrich the lives of our campus and community through scholarship, teaching, and learning.
Dr. Annmarie Kent-Willette, Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
Dr. Annmarie Kent-Willette
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
Office Coordinator, Center for Teaching and Learning
Dr. Marilyn Repsher
Founder & Former Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning
The CTL provides many resources for JU faculty, including a library CTL Titles 1.10.12.xls, meeting space, instructional technologies, and individual and group training.
CTL Advisory Board
- Anne Acker, M.S., Instructor of CIS
- Bill Crosby, Ph.D. Chief Academic Officer
- Janet Haavisto, Ph.D. Professor of English
- Douglas Hazzard, Ph.D. Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Kay Johnson, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus, Education
- Deborah Jordan, M.F.A. Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Hassan Pordeli, Ph.D. Professor of Economics and Finance
- Marilyn Repsher, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus, Mathematics
- Quinton White, Ph.D. Director of Marine Science Research Institu