- November 28, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Riverhouse
Fall Faculty Happy Hours at the Riverhouse
- September 27, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
- November 29, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
Fall Faculty Sunset Cruise
- October 18, 2018 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Magna Commons Events
- October 24, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Downtown Campus
The Center for Teaching and Learning and Academic Technology are pleased to announce a new faculty development online resource: MAGNA COMMONS. This resource is designed to both individualize professional development and make it more efficient. With MAGNA COMMONS faculty will enjoy:
- On-demand access to hundreds of online seminars
- Flexible viewing options
- Transcripts and supplemental materials custom designed for each seminar
- Efficient solutions for professional development needs
- Lively discussions that give practical and actionable results
- Certificates of completion
New Training Requirements: Human Subject Research
Effective as of January 1, 2019, Jacksonville University will implement a new Research Ethics and Compliance training program for faculty, students, and staff who are involved in human subjects research.
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), a web-based program hosted by the University of Miami, will replace the current National Institutes of Health (NIH) certificate program. For more information, click here: Citi Research Compliance Training
New Faculty Orientation
The new faculty orientation is a full-day of orientation to JU and teaching in higher education.
Faculty Fall Conference
This is a two-day conference held the week before classes start in the Fall. The workshops address all areas of faculty professional development.