One of the strengths of the Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute is its extraordinary internship program. Internship is an opportunity for students to apply and grow skills in the real world. The Institute has developed an extensive network of public, private and non-profit agencies to provide internships to MPP students, including:
- The Department of Homeland Security
- Environmental Protection Agency
- District Congressional Offices in Florida
- Executive Office of Governor Rick Scott
- City of Jacksonville
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- Holland and Knight
- The Fiorentino Group
- Florida Blue
- Jacksonville Public Education Fund
- Feeding Northeast Florida
- K-9s for Warriors
All MPP students at JU are required to complete an internship with an Institute Internship Partner, or through study aboard, employment with a public or private organization involved in public policymaking, or other work experience related to public policy.
Organizations interested in establishing an Institute Internship Partnership may email email@example.com.