Dual Master in Public Policy and Juris DoctorDual MPP-JD Degree
Why Choose Our Program?
The Public Policy Institute partners with any ABA accredited law school to offer a Master in Public Policy - Juris Doctor (MPP-JD) dual degree program that combines your interests and training in public policy with the intensive legal training of a JD program. Our program:
- Provides alternative legal career pathways
- Prepares you for an understanding of law and public policy
- Allows you to take the MPP-JD curriculum at any ABA-accredited law school
Start Your Application
About Our Program
In year 1, students complete the entire first-year curriculum of the MPP degree. In
year 2, the student matriculates to the ABA-accredited law school of their choice.
In the student's final year of the JD curriculum, the student completes their capstone
The Institute recognizes 12 credits of law school coursework toward the MPP degree. 36 credits are in public policy and the JD credits are determined by the law school.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for All Degrees Conferred
- Statement of Intent
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- GRE / GMAT / LSAT Scores
Applicants seeking admission to the JU MPP-JD dual degree program must be admitted
to both the JU MPP program and the respective law school.