Master in Public Policy
Why Choose Our Program?
The Master in Public Policy (MPP) degree at Jacksonville University is a two-year, professional degree program that emphasizes the interdisciplinary study and the development of core skills in policy analysis, management, and leadership. Students are prepared for diverse leadership and career opportunities through an internship, capstone policy projects, and policy-related electives. Our program:
- 48 credit hours and can be completed in two years
- Gain skills in policy analysis, quantitative methods, and policy research
- Prepares you for leadership opportunities through an internship, capstone policy project, and policy-related electives
- Over 20 partnerships available for internships, research, and networking
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Thursday, December 9, 2021
About Our Program
The MPP core curriculum includes courses in Law and Public Policy, Political Institutions, Ethics, Microeconomics and Public Policy, Policy Analysis, Management, Research Methods, and Leadership. Students gain substantive knowledge, as well as skills, in critical thinking, written and oral communication, research methods, quantitative methods, and policy analysis.
MPP students can enroll full-time or as part of our part-time evening program.
Full-time students can anticipate completing the MPP in two years, taking four courses per fall and spring semester, and interning during the summer.
Working students, mid-career professionals, Teach for America Corp members, public sector employees and others who wish to continue working or teaching while attaining the MPP degree can enroll part-time in the evening or daytime classes. The internship requirement may be waived for students with qualifying work experience. Part-time students can anticipate completing the MPP degree in three years by taking two classes a semester, including summers.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
- Unofficial Transcripts for all degrees
- Completed JU Application
- Statement of Intent
- GRE / GMAT/ LSAT Scores
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Priority deadline for the Fall 2022 cohort is February 15th, 2022