Commentary & Expertise
The Public Policy Institute provides extensive television and radio commentary. The following are highlights.
By Faculty Member
Stephen Baker, Ph.D.
Professor of Politics and Policy
Rody Borg, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics & Public Policy
Richard Cebula, Ph.D.
Professor of Finance
JU PPI Board member and Chairman of Acosta, Inc.
- It's Okay to be Unreasonable TEDx Jacksonville
Rick Mullaney, Esq.
Director, Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute
- Florida Republican Gubernatorial Primary Debate Analysis - August 9, 2018
- Supreme Court Nomination of Brett Kavanaugh - July 10, 2018
- Students Pushing for Change - February 22, 2018
- Senate Health Care Plan Fails - WJXT Channel 4, July 29, 2017
- Senate Health Care Plan - WJXT Channel 4, July 15, 2017
- GOP Health Care Plan Predictions - WJXT Channel 4, June 23, 2017
- This Week in Jacksonville: Investigation; dredging St. Johns River, school funding - WJXT Channel 4, June 18, 2017
- Comey Testimony "Significant" but Not Game-changing - WJXT Channnel 4, June 9, 2017
- Paris Climate Agreement Withdrawal - WJXT Channel 4, June 1, 2017
- This Week in Jacksonville: Jacksonville Pensions - WJXT Channel 4, April 30, 2017
- President's First 100 Days - WJXT Channel 4, April 28, 2017
- The Morning Show: SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch, Enterprise Florida & healthcare - WJXT Channel 4, April 2, 2017
- Trump's First Month Marked by Crisis - WJXT Channel 4, February 18, 2017
- Analyzing the President's First Week - WJXT Channel 4, January 28, 2017
- Analyzing the Message of the Inauguration - WJXT Channel 4, January 21, 2017
- Capitol Hill debates Russian hacking; Future of Obamacare - WJXT Channel 4, January 7, 2017
- Russian Hacking & Analysis of Trump's Cabinet Picks - WJXT Channel 4, December 17, 2016
- Trump's First 100 Days in Office - WJXT Channel 4, November 11, 2016
- Election Night Commentary, Part 1 and Part 2 - WJXT Channel 4, November 8, 2016
- 2016 Pre-Election Commentary - Examples of commentary and analysis of the 2016 Presidential election cycle.
- North Florida Politics - This Week in Jacksonville WJXT Channel 4, September 4, 2016
- Incumbents Go Down in Primary - WJXT Channel 4, September 4, 2016
- Attack Ads Fly in State Attorney Race - WJXT Channel 4, August 28, 2016
- Post Analysis of JU Televised Debates - WJXT Channel 4, August 21, 2016
- Supreme Court Justice Nominee - WJXT Channel 4, March 16, 2016
- State of the Union - WJXT Channel 4, January 16, 2016
- 2016 Legislative Session - WJXT Channel 4, January 12, 2016
Ray Oldakowski, Ph.D.
Professor of Geography and JU PPI Polling
- Statewide Poll September 2015: Trump leads, Fiorina and Rubio rise, Bush steady in major Florida shakeup, Jacksonville University poll finds. Read coverage from WOKV, Florida Politics.com, and Florida Times-Union
Paulina Rippere, Ph.D.
Professor of Political Science
Quinton White, Ph.D.
Executive Director, JU Marine Science Research Institute