Student Services Associate
Student Services Associate
This position supports the student services (Student Financial Services and Student Accounts) staff and functions as the ambassador and greeter. Answers phones, emails, and in-person requests for student services information. Scanning documents (as needed) and running daily software processes, as well as submitting work orders and ordering supplies. Special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Customer Service at the concierge level
- Answer phones, emails and in-person requests for information
- Supports the Student Financial Assistance and Student Accounts office staff in communications with students
- Work with students to complete or demonstrate bill payment, person proxy, and financial aid processes on the student self-service portal.
- Assist students in accessing their student billing account.
- Respond to inquiries related to financial aid, billing questions, balance holds, payment
student health insurance, Veteran’s benefits by phone, email, text, or in-person or other acceptable
methods of communication.
- Collect payments from students
- Accept deposits from auxiliary university offices including advancement, orthodontics,
fine arts and
athletics. Make daily deposits.
- Add money to Dolphin1 cards (as needed).
- Reconcile cash drawer to daily cash receipt sessions at close of business (daily).
- Process and communicate Admissions deposit payments (through the ‘Other’ payments link) to the Office of Admissions (as needed).
- Import MPN, Entrance and Exit Counseling information
- Order supplies; office supplies inventory
- Submit work orders
- Run software processes
- Special projects as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and other software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to think critically and use discretionary judgment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Well lighted work area, temperature, and humidity controlled, seated most of the day
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and Staff
All Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy, please click the link below.JU Vaccination Policy
Interested applicants should submit a copy of their resume, cover letter, list of references, and a completed JU Application to Michele Roth at email@example.com.