Manager's Hiring Guide
One of the most important decisions administrators make is the effective recruiting of qualified candidates for open staff positions. To assist you, we have created one easy reference guide, which includes all aspects of an effective hiring process. We would encourage you to refer to the guide when making your hiring decisions. The attached guide contains the following:
- Checklist for steps in the approval/recruitment process
- Advertising and job posting procedures
- Interview Guide: what questions are okay and what should not be asked in an interview?
- How long do I have to retain job applications?
- How do I evaluate the best candidate?
- Sample letters to send to applicants and those interviewed
- Helpful manager checklist to assist you with the onboarding process
We trust this Staff Recruiting Guide will be helpful to you. If you can answer any questions or assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of People & Culture at extension 7025.