Performance Appraisal Program
Jacksonville University's Performance Appraisal Program provides a basis for assessing individual performance, rewarding achievement, and motivating individual effort. All evaluations are completed annually, generally during the summer months.
Performance reviews should be completed (for each employee whose employment date is prior to June 1) in accordance with the instruction provided below, routed for approvals, and submitted to the Office of Human Resources no later than September 15.
- It is the responsibility of each supervisor to conduct these required Performance Appraisals.
- Please review the Performance Appraisal Interview Guide and the Performance Review Factors Description before beginning this process.
- Attach a signed, updated Job Description, whenever an employee has changed their work responsibilities or a new position, and send an electronic copy of each position to Human Resources.
- Additional links to assist you in completing any needed position descriptions:
- The Performance Appraisal document is available to you in two formats: Word and Adobe Fillable PDF. Select the format that you prefer to work in. Although an employee may seem to fit several category rating descriptions, when you come to the overall rating, you must select only ONE final rating.
- If you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 7025.
As a manager/supervisor, if this is your first experience with our performance appraisal program and you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources. We will be happy to meet with you and address any questions you may have.