Performance Appraisal Program
Jacksonville University's Performance Appraisal Program provides a basis for assessing individual performance, rewarding achievement, and motivating individual effort. All evaluations are completed annually, generally during the summer months.
Performance reviews should be completed (for each employee whose employment date is prior to June 1) in accordance with the instruction provided below, routed for approvals, and submitted to the Office of People & Culture by September 15. The deadline has been extended to October 15. The current annual evaluation covers July 1st through June 30th.
- It is the responsibility of each supervisor to conduct these required Performance Appraisals.
- Please review the Performance Appraisal Interview Guide and the Performance Review Factors Description before beginning this process.
- Whenever an employee has changed their work responsibilities or promoted to a new position, please submit an updated HRAF Personal Action Form and include the new job description.
- The Performance Appraisal document is available to you in Adobe Fillable PDF. Although an employee may seem to fit several category rating descriptions, when you come to the overall rating, you must select only ONE final rating.
- Once appraisals are reviewed with the employee and signed, please complete the Performance Appraisal Submission Form.
- If you need assistance, please contact the Office of People & Culture Office at 7025.
As a manager/supervisor, if this is your first experience with our performance appraisal program and you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of People & Culture. We will be happy to meet with you and address any questions you may have.