Classroom Technology Support
Classroom Technology Support
Academic Technology Department
This position will provide technical support for Jacksonville University's classroom technology; inclusive of computer labs, classroom instructor workstations, large venues, audio/visual equipment, integrated software and other facilities featuring audio and video conferencing systems. A successful candidate will have the necessary skills to investigate, troubleshoot, test, recommend, and integrate new technologies for university use. A major component of this position will require the individual to deploy new equipment or software in learning and meeting spaces on a regular maintenance schedule. Additional responsibilities include providing training for classroom technology.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service to faculty and staff in response to reported issues
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve technical problems in classrooms and computer labs (problems may be related to, but are not limited to projectors, A/V switcher/controllers, document cameras, computers, printers, etc.)
- Check and test computer and audio-visual equipment to ensure proper functionality
- Assist in the installation of classroom equipment
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and basic repairs of classroom instructor workstations, A/V equipment in classrooms, conference rooms, and large venue areas.
- Recommends replacement and upgrades to equipment and software as necessary.
- Configure and deploy software to workstations as directed.
- Log service requests, document troubleshooting steps, and problem resolution details in ticket system.
- Contribute knowledgebase articles as appropriate.
- Monitor and support operation of video and audio-conferencing systems in classrooms and conference rooms.
- Monitor and track classroom technology assets.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students over the phone and in person with classroom technology.
- Provide training and support to the JU community on the use of classroom and conference room technology
- Experience related to technical end-user support services.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service, cooperation, and team working skills/abilities
- Possess a core understanding of common video signals.
- Possess a core understanding of audio signal flow.
- Experience with common instructional technology equipment e.g. document cameras, presentation remotes, pen displays, projectors, video conference technology.
- Basic familiarity with professionally installed audio visual systems. (Experience with AMX, Crestron, or Extron hardware and control systems is a plus.)
- Possess basic Windows PC and Apple troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to make minor repairs on classroom and conference room technology.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts in a pleasant, positive manner.
- Ability to measure and report on metrics and indicators of service level activity and customer satisfaction.
- Possess and demonstrate capacity for problem determination and resolution, specifically related to problems of a technical nature.
- Possess and demonstrate high attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday, with required evening and weekend hours, as necessary to accommodate professors’ needs or special events on campus, during the year.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School degree
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Associate degree or two (2) years post-secondary technical school training in an audio-visual degree program.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants please send cover letter, resume, and application to Dee Thornton at email@example.com.