Audio-Visual Technology Assistant
This position is no longer available.
Audio-Visual Technology Assistant
Monday through Thursday, 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
This position provides administrative support requiring planning skills and the ability to coordinate the completion of multiple tasks or projects within established time frames. This individual must possess exceptional organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, independent decision making skills, a very professional demeanor, and proficient in the use of technology.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist faculty and staff with the operation of classroom, conference room, and event space A/V equipment.
- Perform basic troubleshooting steps to resolve user issues with the computers, monitors, keyboards, and mice located in these spaces.
- Promptly report any computer, software, or network connectivity issues to the IT help desk for resolution.
- Perform the setup and breakdown of audio-visual equipment for campus events.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment.
- In the instance of major equipment failure, attempt to provide a work-around or temporary accommodation for a class or event that is currently in progress.
- Formally communicate all equipment issues to the Audio-Visual Specialist.
- Ability to maintain a calendar and communicate scheduling.
- Possess a strong customer-service mentality and attitude.
- Assist with other Academic Technology duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently with discretion
- Attention to detail
- Student-centered philosophy
- Communicate effectively: excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to edit documents and independently compose correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which establishes cooperative working relationships with internal and external University constituents. Professional demeanor which treats others with respect.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Willingness to learn and can adapt quickly to new ideas, methods, and needs of the department
- Work an established schedule Monday through Thursday 3pm – 8pm, with occasional flexibility
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Work is primarily indoors but requires an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Typical office related noise such as telephones and copy machines can be expected
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near-vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School Diploma/Associates Degree
Minimum Work Experience
- High level of proficiency in business writing and calendar management required
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technology savvy
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.