This position is no longer available.
Office of Information Technology
Under the supervision of the Manager of Client Services, The OIT Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support to the OIT Help Desk.
Day-to-day responsibilities include managing schedules and meetings, answering phones, responding to emails, identifying, and prioritizing items for action, planning and executing office administration.The OIT Administrative assistant will also handle procurement of computer, printer and other IT peripheral quotes and office supplies.
The OIT Administrative Assistant will have the capability to deal with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels within the University. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
In addition to the administrative component, the OIT Administrative Assistant will also provide backup support to the OIT Helpdesk. These duties will include but not be limited to checking the Helpdesk emails and voicemail, activating accounts, changing passwords, connecting users to DolphinNet, technical documentation production, and handling Symantec Encryption issues.
Assist with managing the CIO calendar and meetings. De-conflicting scheduling challenges associated with serving multiple senior level organizational leaders. This position is also expected to build and maintain good working relationships with other staff members, including administrative staff, middle managers, faculty, students, community leaders.
Essential Job Duties
Screens and answers and routes telephone calls; conveys information both orally and in writing; answers inquiries from parents, staff, students, and other clients regarding OIT departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures; greet and direct visitors; provides materials and initiates requests for information when required.
Produces letters, technical documentation, memos, spreadsheets and agendas from rough draft or oral instructions; completes forms, requisitions, expense reports and other documents; submits print requests; proofreads assignments for accuracy and completeness.
Provides backup support to the OIT Manager of Client Services and the OIT Helpdesk. Procures quotes for laptops, desktops, printers, and other peripherals. Create Purchase Requisitions and process through proper channels for Purchasing. Assist with Student Worker paperwork and supervision in the absence of the Manager of Client Services.
Responsible for maintaining a recordkeeping system; enters, edits, analyzes and retrieves data, processes forms such as: Purchase Requisitions, Amazon purchases, W.B. Mason purchases, Dell purchases, Apple purchases; maintains, spreadsheets and databases; maintains confidentiality of records and information acquired.
- Managing administrative processes
- Problem assessment, problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills -written, verbal and listening
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills -proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Planning, organizational and time management
- Working with budgets
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Strong Commitment to team environment dynamics
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with good initiative and use good judgment
- Work is primarily indoors, but may require the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings
- Standard work hours are between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Some evening hours may be required
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Must able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
- Two years related administrative office experience
- Office administration experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.