Practical Nurse Program Faculty
This position is no longer available.
Practical Nurse Program Faculty
Healthcare Simulation Center, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
The Jacksonville University Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) provides expertise in the development and delivery of simulation scenarios to community healthcare agencies to improve the provision of quality and safe patient care in a 31,443 square foot Simulation Center. The Center provides simulation training center for local and regional healthcare agencies, emergency, and disaster training, and will host international conferences to improve the overall quality and provision of safe care.
The Practical Nurse Program Faculty works in a team-based environment located at the HSC to support the Executive Director in the day-to-day operation of the Practical Nurse Program. Under the direction of the Practical Nurse Program Director and HSC Executive Director, the faculty ensures adherence to program policies and current simulation best practice and safety measures. This position is a 12-month, full-time non-tenure placement. Occasional (or regular) evening or weekend shifts may be required. Remote work may be assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching will include Practical Nurse Program students in ground-based, online, and hybrid models for didactic and clinical course. Teaching also extends into the simulation lab environment and clinical site visits.
- Primary areas of instruction practical nurse program specialty areas and clinical assignments. Scholarship to include clinical practice, attendance at professional meetings and participation in Practical Nurse Program faculty committees.
- University service to include community activities, mentoring, attendance, and support for university events.
- Collaborate effectively with university and community partners to ensure efficient delivery of simulation services.
- Learn how to operate manikins, computers, AV system, and debriefing system to facilitate simulation scenarios when in need of additional staffing.
- Foster a positive work environment demonstrating teamwork with simulation center staff and community partners.
- Collaborate with HSC Executive Director for reservation of Practical Nurse Program simulation learning experiences.
- Network with other lab/simulation coordinators at local/state/national level to develop and utilize best practices.
- Maintain compliance of confidentiality requirements.
- Review and comply with the HSC Biomedical Waste compliance policy for disposal and storage of sharps.
- Assist in keeping the simulation center clean and presentable.
- Assist with simulation activities as deemed necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and week-end hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Minimum 2-years' experience as a Practical Nurse Program, Associate or Baccalaureate Degree program professor.
- Unencumbered license to practice nursing in the state of Florida and/or eligible to obtain licensure.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of one year experience in clinical place setting (required)
- Experienced as a clinical instructor (preferred).
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit a copy of their resume, cover letter, list of references, and a completed JU Application to Danial Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.